setting the check out date

Graham80
Level 1
Riols, France

setting the check out date

Hi,  Can someone please tell me how to set the check out date.  I can't see it anywhere.  Basically in high season July and August I want check in Saturday but guest can only leave on a Saturday also (7, 14, 21 days etc).  I can set the check in date for Saturday but can't add a rule for leaving on a Saturday too!

Thank you, Graham 

22 Replies 22
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

I can only confirm, @Graham80, that this option is missing from the settings for hosts. We can only set when guests can't check in, unfortunately.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

(sorry, deleted all again, because wrong answer... )

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

Well you can restrict check in to Saturday and you can require a 7 day minimum but you can't really control when they check out.  If they leave on Friday and are gone, there will not be much you can do about it.

Thanks for helping.. it's a shame as in summer people tend to only want to come and go on Saturday.  So if someone makes a 9 day booking for example then I struggle to rent the remaining 5 days until the next Saturday.. 

@Graham80 there was a post with the same question about a year ago and I remember that someone said that it is possible through one calendar-sync-application/web service I don't remember exactly which one but I think it is not free. It was possible to set check in and check out at saturday only but it was possible to book 1 week or more weeks. Try to search for that post. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Graham80 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Marzena4 @City-Limits-Ranch0

Sorry to be so late on the scene but hopefully @Graham80 you are still around.

Mate there is a way to do this and I have always believed a picture paints a thousand words so do the following and this should work seemlessly for you

Firstly, Log-on > Host > Manage Listings > Manage Listing!

You are now on your listing editing page....slide across to 'Availability' and click 'Edit' on 'Trip Length'

You will now see this screenshot

Edit trip requirements a.png

OK, that will then take you to this screenshot.....

Edit a stay requirement b.png

Now you have your check-in day and your minimum stay requirements for you specific date range set. The only thing that may block you at this point is your prep time so now head back up to the top section in 'Availability'  and proceed as follows.....

Edit trip requirements c.png

Once you have done this you should be in business.

Graham just remember to always click save changes when you make any alterations to your listings settings. I can't tell you how many times some enquirer says 'I did that and it didn't work' ....and nine times out of ten it was because they didn't save their changes

Good luck Graham.

Cheers.....Rob

PS: This does not enable you to set a specific check-out day Graham but you can hopefully control that by setting minimum and when you get to that time of the year where you want to have this requirement come into effect you can alter your normal booking settings to reflect maximum stay night of 7 days asd per screenshot and this should stop people who would want to only book for 7-12-15 nights!

Edit Trip requirements d.png

the only problem with this Airbnb method @Robin4 is that guests who look for 2, 3 or 4 weeks accomodation will not see Graham's listing if he set max stay  7 days ... or if he doesn't set max stay 7 days then they can still book for 8-9... days and Graham will stay empty for the rest of the week  . With the service I mentioned those problems are solved.

Yes, @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Robin4 @Graham80, once there was another discussion and this feature should definitely be added to Airbnb host control panel.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Come on AIRBNB, allow us to set a fixed check out day!

Xavier421
Level 2
Barcelona, ES

Please AIRBNB, we need to be able to set check out day!
If not, i'm thinking to move to another rent-house platform.

Julia2639
Level 1
Woolacombe, GB

This is a real problem for high season bookings. Hosts need to be able to offer a set check in day with 7 night increments for guests wanting more than 7 nights. No one wants empty nights in the high season, come on Airbnb...sort it out!

Frank1189
Level 1
Boston, MA

I agree with all of the comments.   For seasonal locations this is a critical feature.  Shouldn't be that hard.

VRBO does it, easy.

And TripAdvisor which is also very easy and less time consuming. I wish Airbnb wouldn't keep changing their parameters