sharing booking information with other hosts

Julie660
Level 4
Rockford, IL

sharing booking information with other hosts

I haven't updated my listing in a couple of months, and I know from time to time airbnb will add something so I thought I would take a look and see what if anything was new...

anyway, under the pricing tab...this showed up.  Not sure how new it is...and not sure I fully understand it.  How helpful has this been to hosts?

Sharing settings
Find out more about the listings your potential guests are checking out. If you share some details about your listing and bookings with other hosts, you can see the listings that guests end up booking after checking out your place.
What type of information do you want?
Sharing settings

Listing and booking details
You’ll see the listing titles and photos, and the booking details (booked prices, dates, and number of guests). Other hosts will get this same information from you.

Booking details
You’ll see the booking details (booked prices, dates, and number of guests), but not the listing titles and photos. Other hosts will get either your listing details or your booking details, but not both at the same time.

None
You won’t get or share any information.
10 Replies 10

@Julie660:
Thanks for the heads-up. This is a new feature. Not all of us have it yet.

@Julie660 @Tim-and-Holly0 I've had that option for a couple of months & selected to share listing & booking details as I was curious to see what information I would receive. I haven't found it particularly helpful. I don't get great data on comparable listings, so maybe not enough hosts are willing to share information.

And a bug bear is that the info that comes through is based on room rate, not total price that a guest would pay (I don't charge a cleaning fee but have a slightly higher room rate). So to check whether I'm too expensive compared to other listings I still have to check it listing, put in dates and get the total calculation.

@Rachel177:
Thank you. That helps me to decide if I want to partake in the info exchange.

Julie660
Level 4
Rockford, IL

Thanks @Rachel177 , how is the information sent, or where do I go to find it?  It sounds like it could be interesting and maybe helpful but I have no idea where the information is...

Julie 

@Julie660 it comes as an email to me, I think monthly & shows the 10 listings that airbnb thinks are comparable to mine. Funnily enough, they never send listings that charge a higher room rate than mine so it's seems to be another scare tactic to try to get hosts to lower their prices.

@Rachel177  Thanks so much.  I will go back and look at Airbnb emails.  I pretty much thought they were newsletters or something  so I didnt even open then.  Thanks again 

Julie

Bruce18
Level 2
Tampa, FL

once i click "share" how do i see the booking details from other hosts?

Roy20
Level 2
Lafayette, CO

How do we look at this data that is now available to us?  I don't see it anywhere.  No reason to share my data if I don't have this benefit. It sounds like it would be much more useful than the constant reminders to reduce my rate.

Jacinto18
Level 1
Orange, CA

I am sharing my data. How do I see the data from other host?

Jacob-Berg0
Level 2
Aalborg, Denmark

@Jacinto18 did you figure this out? I have the same problem... Thank you in advance 👍