someone else confirmed my guest reservation for me without my notice. this is unacceptable.

Qiubo0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

someone else confirmed my guest reservation for me without my notice. this is unacceptable.

New booking confirmed!
*** arrives Dec 18 [Personal information hidden]

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Airbnb member since 2016

Above is the confirmation message that someone else confirmed my quest reservation for me. I don't accept this.

Below is my email complain sent to Airbnb (to automated@airbnb.com), but I want to report this case to more appropriate departments in Airbnb.

It is much appreciated if anyone can give me the email addresses, so I can pass below email to the right departments.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Qiubo ***

Hello Airbnb,

I haven't confirmed this reservation at all, and haven't received any booking request email from this person. Who confirmed his booking for me? It is certain that something wrong in your side and you need to have a look into it.

If someone want to arrange someone to sneak into my place, I will certainly refuse.

Please do something from your side to prevent similar things occurred again.

This afternoon, this student lied me that he comes to NZ first time, but he already disclosed himself a few times that he isn't new to NZ.

I only allow people who're mature, trustful, with a lot of life and professional working experience to move into my place.

Please let me know why this error occurred and how are you going to resolve it. Thank you.

Just FYI and have a great Xmas & New Year ahead.

Best regards,
Qiubo 
[Personal information hidden]
20 Replies 20
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Hi @Qiubo0, unfortunately you have Instant Booking enabled so this can and will happen again as long as you keep it on. It is the little lighting symbol and it might be mandatory so you can't disable it, check to see if you can. Some new hosts can't.

Be aware of penalties for cancelling bookings, such as a blocked calendar, monetary fines etc. You might have to read up on the site terms before continuing.

Qiubo0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello Airbnb,

Thanks for your reply, but i don't know who enable the instant booking for me, so this isn't my problem, and i shouldn't be panelised.

Can you please have a check from your side to prevent this from happening again?

BTW I have just updated my password to make it more secure.

This is a weird case and you should have a look into it for a solution.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Qiubo David Su

@Qiubo0

Just to be clear, this is not airbnb customer service - it is a discussion forum for hosts - a platform where we try to help each other. When you list, the instant book is on by default and with some new host the only setting available.

Look up the community help guides on the forum and take time to learn how the site works.  Perhaps snooze your listings until you are better prepared.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Can you please let me know how can I contact with Airbnb for this issue? I can't find any email addresses to contact with Airbnb. Can youu pleace help with this. Thank you.

Look up the guides as previously suggested please, or google or use the search window above. But I cannot see how airbnb can do anything for you - it is the way the system works and you would need to learn how to manage and work the site.  Also use the help section actively - you can start with searching for host cancellation.

The more you learn about how the site works, the better prepared you are for becoming a good host.  

Thank you very much for your suggestion, but I have no interest to know more about the site, and have no interest to be a host, while I have more valuable and important things to do than to be a host. All people ever lived in my place are just my flat mates, they look after themselves and they're their own "host". I only offer them a place to stay with some services available, and they pay me the rent. We have detailed flatting agreement for both parties to follow. The flatting operation/management approach I applied is to keep myself to be more concentrate on my own more important tasks. I think the other property owner don't want to be bottered too much on the host things either. Time is money and hosting someone can't make too much !

@Qiubo0

"Host" is the airbnb terminology - if you have no interest, why list ? Your attitude is beyond my comprehension.  

If you do not learn about the site to avoid costly mistakes, your listing might even be suspended or taken down.  

i have never host anyone from airbnb, while all from other website systems with free/paid membership approach. for this case, it isn't my fault, while think it is the system problem. i haven't confirmed the guest reservation, but someone/system did this for me, which is really bad, all the hassle caused isn't due to my fault. as said host/flatting is only a very small part business i'm doing, while i have been working on some other much more valuable tasks. for this case, i have no way to communicate with airbnb directly, no their email addresses. i'd like to talk to them more about the problem, but no way. airbnb membership isn't important to me, due to the hassle.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

You have instant book activated for all your listings and this allows guests to book directly without your approval.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/523/what-is-instant-book

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

@Marit-Anne0 @Sandra126 did you notice that @Qiubo0 is not verified ? 

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Qiubo0 reading you I am almost completely sure that you have no idea what you're doing and who you are speaking with.

Have you even questioned the following : 

- could it be that you clicked on the accept button or instant reservation by accident

(possible in the frenzy of the moment on a laptop and very very likely to happen if you handle you airbnb account on a mobile phone)

- could it be that one your kids or partner have access to your computer or your phone and accidentally clicked on the Accept button ?

- could it be that you accidentally switched to instant reservation ? 

- could it be that you re blaming someone else because that's the easy way ?

I wonder why @Sandra126 @Marit-Anne0 are doing their best to help you out, you seem to be full of non sense.

Qiubo0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

thanks for your questioning, but none of them apply to me,that's why i want to communicate with airbnb directly, but no way to do so, can't find their email addresses.

i will hazard the guess that it is exactly because of 'hosts' such as yourself that airbnb does NOT have easy access for all. why do you have a listing? imagine if millions of hosts refused to do the most basic of research/homework and clogged up phone lines instead with nonsense questions and demands, all the while crowing 'not my fault/doesn't apply to me'.  good luck man.

Qiubo0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

this is the 1st time i have this problem from airbnb. my property is in good quality and good condition with all the basic + things/services done well. i use a lot other website systems to get flat mates and they stay here a few months (single flat mate) to 2 years (a family with kids to go local good schools). for my situation, the other website systems is more suitable for my situation. the people from airbnb is just temporary stay when taking a holiday, but i require minimum 3 months stay for single and 1 year stay for a family. i pay annual membership (or free) to other website systems and nothings are controlled by these website systems. before new flat mates move in, i have a lot communication with them by emails before i accept them. but for this airbnb case, without my approval, your system already confirmed his reservation, and i think this isn't respectful to me. and i think it must be someone else confirmed his reservation for me or the system has fault. that's all for this case. as said airbnb isn't important to me and i won't be bothered by similar problems again in the future.