superhost

Eric81
Level 2
The Hague, Netherlands

superhost

Hi,

I've had 5 star reviews in 8 out of 10 guest visits in the past year. However AirBnB calculates a 77% rate (?) of 5 stars for my listing.

Are they just very bad at math or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Eric

12 Replies 12
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hmmm strange! Could that be your response rating as opposed to you review rating? Or the fact that superhost calculations are based on a longer lenght of period i.e since you started hosting? Having said that, I’ve read on here of cases where the calculation does not match.

This policy might explain some more - https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/829/how-do-i-become-a-superhost?_ga=1.17907261.505809161.14475...

Best wishes,

Ama

Eric81
Level 2
The Hague, Netherlands

Schermafbeelding 2016-06-14 om 18.17.01.pngSchermafbeelding 2016-06-14 om 18.17.32.pngAs you can see, 8/10 but a wrong rate.

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That means that out of the 80% of your reviews for which you are required to achieve 5 stars, you achieved 77%.

So 80% is the targeted requirement and the  77% is what you actually achieved of the targeted requirement.

In simplified terms, you are not required to get 5 stars for 100% of you bookings just for 80% of your bookings and out of 80% of your bookings, you achieved 77% of 5 stars.

I have different figures as well, everybody will have 80% as the primary figure because that is a fixed target but our actual achieved rates will differ depending on the stars we received.

Eric81
Level 2
The Hague, Netherlands

Hi Ama, 

I understand 80% is the target. But I actually have already reached this target. See the other photo I attached. 8 of the 10 are 5 stars...

What I'm trying to say is, the 77% is wrong. It should say I have the 80% already.

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Star reviews

The requirement that you receive a 5-star review at least 80% of the time is based on the primary reviews you’ve received from guests, not the individual category reviews that you see directly above the written reviews on your listing page.

Keep in mind the number of stars you see at the top of your listing page is rounded to the nearest half of a star, and it’s a cumulative average of the primary reviews you’ve received since you started hosting. Those stars don’t represent the percentage of 5-star reviews you’ve received in the past year—the only place to find the percentage is in the Superhost section of your dashboard.

If you’ve received 5-star reviews 80% of the time or more, but fewer than half of your guests have left you a review, you won't receive Superhost status.

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If none of this applies, perhaps contact Airbnb directly, we might just be racking our brains when it's something they can resolve easily - Contact Airbnb

Twitter and Facebook are good options.

Eric81
Level 2
The Hague, Netherlands

Just contacted them through Facebook. They told me it can take some time before all requirements are "up to date". I shall wait until the next "decision round" for the Super host status. 

Thanks for the help anyways Ama!

Hi Eric,

I have exactly the same problem. My overall rate is well beyond 80% satisfaction , but the rating for the super host status is stucked at 70%. No idea why. How did you contact Airbnb directly?  I so not seem to b able to get them directly anymore.

thanks,

cristina

How do you get to that page to see the star review? I feel my percentage rate is incorrect too. If I do not get a review, is that included as zero stars when figuring out percentages?
Inbar1
Level 1
California, United States

I have the same issue with them,

I am trying to understand how it works too.

Inbar.

Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Amaris0 your reply was helpful. I want to ask you something that I have already seen too in some explanations of Airbnb but I want to confirm it. Do we want the 80% of the TIME that guests have stayed in our listing? Isn't that a little bit unfair?

I mean, if I have 20 guests that stayed all together for 2 months and they all gave me 5 stars and I also have only one guest that stayed 3 weeks and he left 3 stars, I won't reach the status. But I will have 20 guests happy and only one not so happy. 

On the other side, if I have one guest that stayed for 2 months who gave me 5 stars and I also have 5 guests that stayed for one week altogether and they gave me all 4 stars, I will reach the status. But I will have only one guest happy and 5 guests not so happy. 

Cristina208
Level 1
Chula Vista, CA

We have been superhosts for a long time, then we start getting guests that are staying longer, as much as 2 months at a time; therefore not getting a 5-star rating until they check out; and it has always been 5 stars.  But, since we only get rated less than 1 per month, we lost our superhost status.  What is the reasoning behind this?  I want my superhost status back.