trying to respond to airbnb

Durga0
Level 2
Portland, OR

trying to respond to airbnb

Hi - I received an email from Medallia to rate an interaction I had that I have no recollection or record of having. Should I just ignore it? I'm new to hosting and want to make sure I dot my i's and cross my t's.

Here's the note I received:

"Hi Durga,

Thanks for getting in touch. We hope we answered your question and that Elodie S was able to sort everything out for you.

To help us improve, we'd like to ask you a few questions about your recent interaction with us. It'll only take 1 minute, and your answers will help us make Airbnb even better.

To get started...

Based on your recent interaction with Elodie S how likely are you to recommend Airbnb to friends or family?

Not at all likely Extremely likely... etc"

Thanks!

Durga

1 Reply 1
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

If the email refers to a communication and/or a reservation that you  have no recollection of having, then ignore it.  It could possibly be a scam.  The text of the message sounds like an AIrbnb message, but scammers intentionally make their communications sound like and look like Airbnb communications.  (Scammers will try to get you to go to a fake Airbnb page, a phishing website, and try to get you to log in there, where they steal Airbnb account login information from hosts and guests) There is no penalty for not giving Airbnb feedback to the surveys they send out after a host calls airbnb customer service for help, so you should not feel pressured to respond.