un-blocking the calendar

un-blocking the calendar

Hello my name is Mark, I am managing Lucia's reservations while she is out of town. I have let a reservation expire and thos dates are now blocked. My guest want to rent these days. How do I get these dates u-blocked?

6 Replies 6
Aaron19
Level 1
Boulder, CO

Does the calandar show them as blocked?  If so you can un-block it right at the calanar.

Ronnie2
Level 2
Portland, OR

yeah its super annoying airbnb automatically blocks them now if you don't decline or approve someone in the alotted time even if the conversation is still going on.  YOU have to message or call (goodluck) aribnb and ask them to unblock them, you can't do it yourself.

Mike458
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Hi - need help! I pre-approved a guest for a set of dates who had a few questions.  She booked her flights and attempted to book our home but ended up not having the ability to book as dates were not available. Another guest had booked a portion of the dates she wanted - I cancelled that reservation but not I'm being blocked from booking those dates. Don't see how I did anything wrong on this one and the guest and I are trying to confirm the booking. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike458

Strange, you don't have a listing on your profile.

If you cancel a booking, one of the penalties for cancelling is the dates are blocked.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mike0 Hi,

If you cancel, the dates are blocked. In this case you should have prevent another guest booking the dates you actually wanted to reserve.

So yes, you did something wrong by preferring another guest to book, while there is allready an excisting reservation.

Airbnb is strict on that and you will be penalised by blocked data, in the worst case scenario ending up with now reservation at all.

Best regards,

Emiel

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Lucia69 or Mark, as others have said, you can unblock the dates and then send the guest a Special Offer.  Check out the last paragraph in this help article: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/28/what-do-i-do-after-i-receive-a-reservation-request