unhappy guests

Sherie3
Level 1
Gig Harbor, WA

unhappy guests

I've been hosting for a bout a year and half.....and this has never happened.  My guests arrived Saturday and were unhappily surprised to find the space is upstairs (clearly described) and no stove in the "kitchenette"  also clearly described.  Anyways,  they all left after one night - they paid for three nights.  I apologized that they had missed those details when booking (my welcome letter states the apt. is UPSTAIRS and in this case I actually offered to put a child safety gate at the top of the STAIRS since they had a small child.  My question is ,  do I just wait and see if they wish to have a refund? They have not cancelled on airbnb,  it is unlikely I would have been able to book the space anyways.....I'm worried about getting a bad review.  They actually were driving away without saying anything when my husband opend the gate for them and they chatted with him for a minute and said they were checking out.  any thoughts? 

1 Reply 1
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Sherie3

If the guests have left without formally cancelling, or asking airbnb for a travel issue refund (they had 24hrs from arrival to do this if they thought your listing description was at fault), or asking you for a refund ; it's most likely they have written the booking off now. 

They can still request, but it seems particularly weak to do so without initiating a cancellation themselves.

With a review, good or bad, it's out of your hands if they leave one so why worry.

If they leave a bad review it's bound to be based on their error, you should appropriately respond to this.

I personally wouldn't initially leave a review for them but I rather wait to see if they decide to leave one. The guests might decide they will not like to be reviewed over their failings.

No harm in checking your listing description in case it needs tweaked but if you have been hosting for sometime, it's likely to be refined. Well mistakes happen, that's why retailers sell pencils with erasers on the end.