what to do with a diffucult guest?

Eva890
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

what to do with a diffucult guest?

I had this guest that started with coming one oclock in the night. My checkintime is betwen 5 and 10 pm. Then she had not read that kitchen is not included. Then she had not read that I live together with my son.

Then she wrote this really Ășnfair review telling that I was not nice asking her to take a taxi when she arrived. Complaining that it was not kitchen included, and also complaining about my son beeing noicy. I asked her if she got disturbed by my son and also if she wanted a micro in the room, but she said no to both questions. Instead she wrote the most awful things in the review. What to do about it? It was really unfair and I would like to report her to the Airbnb, or ask them to take her review away. It was her fault that she had not read the description properly. Really bad experience.

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Eva890  You are wasting your time trying to get Airbnb to take down the review. They won't unless it violates one of their review policies, which it doesn't. 

You can write a response to her review- just keep it brief and factual- host responses are read by future guests- they aren't a venue for arguing with the guest or being defensive.

Something like "All of this guest's complaints would never have come up if she had bothered to read any of the listing description before booking. All the information about this being a private room in a shared home, as well as there being no kitchen access are stated clearly on the listing page.." 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Eva890  Oh, I see you already left a response. In the future, just try to keep your responses more along the lines of what I wrote above, rather than directing them towards the guest.

Eva890
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Thanks, I suppose I cannot change my responsen? Yours is better, I got a bit upset..

@Eva890 you can't change your response, but you might be able to get Airbnb to remove it if you call them.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Eva890  I don't think your response was so bad- at least you didn't go on some long, emotional rant that made you look crazy (some hosts do). If you ask Airbnb to remove it, the problem is, that then they probably won't let you write another one. So in this case, I think it would be better to leave it as is, otherwise there won't be any response to her allegations.

Eva890
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Thankyou so much for taking your time. I leave the answer😀