2 Bedroom Condo with Lockout Studio-Rent as 2 Bdrm or two 1 Bdrm units?

Darryl55
Level 1
Panama City Beach, FL

2 Bedroom Condo with Lockout Studio-Rent as 2 Bdrm or two 1 Bdrm units?

I'm curious on the best direction to go. We are buying a 2 bedroom condo in Panama City Beach, Florida that has a full 1 bedroom/1 bath with full kitchen, living room, dining room, W/D, etc.. It also has a studio with a seperate entrance off a common foyer. So my option is to list this as two seperate units that sleep 4 and 2 or one large unit that sleeps 6. 

My concern is if I list them seperately the 1 bedroom and studio will draw a smaller nightly rate than the two combined would most likely. I thought about offering them seperately with a discount to rent both together but that also seems like it would be less profitable. Plus if either one rents by itself, it would eliminate that potential.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Darryl55 make 3 listings, one for each room separately and one for the whole place and link the calendars. That way you can have all the options available and you won't have to worry about losing potential bigger groups. With time you will see what is in demand and you can remove any of the listings if needed. 

Hey! I know this conversation was 2 years ago, but I am about to list a lockout in Myrtle Beach and have the same question. @Darryl55 How did this work out for you? Appreciate any help.

Hey Michelle, I have a two bedroom that I can lockout second bedroom and second bathroom.. I might just write in discrimination that I will offer a reduced rate for just the one bedroom 

But the problem is, that people just looking for one bedroom will not likely look at my listing that is priced for 2br & 2baths

@Paul7823 you need two listings and link their calendars. In high season you can block the 1 bed version to ensure your revenues are maximised from the 2 bed version. manually blocking a date doesn't link across to the other calendar.