2018 Earnings Summary doesnt match 2018 Transaction History

Ralph108
Level 2
Florida, United States

2018 Earnings Summary doesnt match 2018 Transaction History

Does anyone else have the problem that the Earnings Summary Report does NOT match the Transaction History Report for the same period (Jan2018 - Dec 2018)?  I tried calling Support but that was a waste of time. The first rep verified the discrepency and sent it to "the other team" which responed that the 1099 was correct but never even mentioned these two reports.  The problem is I never received a 1099!

I tried downloaded a CSV file of the transaction history but with this years change in payout methods it's mostly useless.

Am I alone or is this a real problem such that we can't trust AirBnB reporting?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Ralph108 How very frustrating! One question I have - did you qualify to receive the 1099K - This would mean you conducted 200 transactions (bookings / any other charges to guests) AND also earned at least $20,000.00 - ?

Hi Rebecca,

If I can believe the reports I had 111 bookings AND > $20k so in my mind I didn't qualify for the 1099.  I only mention it because support said they sent one????? The reason I was running the reports was to get the numbers for my taxes.  I'm wondering if other hosts are seeing problems with the reports.

Ana-and-David0
Level 7
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Did you find a solution?

Hi,

I ended up simply totally the known deposits made into my checking account.  That I can demonstrate to the IRS.

As for AirBnB they were absolutely NO help and didn't seem concerned that their reports contradict each other.  It is frustrating that they are so indifferent to something like this.

I understand why the CSV file is in shambles owing to the change they made in Aug but as for the two published reports being different I'm agast!

Did you have a similar experience with them?

R