24 hrs notice

Allan11
Level 1
Tawonga South, Australia

24 hrs notice

My listing says i need 24hrs notice as i vacate my home when it is booked. I got a booking from Adrian for the same day.. I responded when i got home that night that i could not accomodate Adrian as i had guests the next day. I got advice from airbnb that i could be penalised as i had not responded to Adrian.Could some please explain why i got a same day booking and why my response was not noted .thankyou.Allan FerrariMount Beauty deluxe

2 Replies 2
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

The only thing I can think of is did you not "decline" the reservation?  Within 24 hours you need to hit one of two buttons - accept or decline.  So if after responding you did not hit decline, the system is unable to read your message - the system is only looking for either of those two inputs so it "knows" you have responded one way or the other.

Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

The only thing I can think of is did you not "decline" the reservation?  Within 24 hours you need to hit one of two buttons - accept or decline.  So if after responding you did not hit decline, the system is unable to read your message - the system is only looking for either of those two inputs so it "knows" you have responded one way or the other.

For the 24 hr booking notice it is similar - you can adjust in your settings when people can book.  So even if the listing says in text "24 hrs notice", you would want to adjust your booking settings to reflect that as well so guests are prevented from booking with less than 24 hrs notice.