30-day rental expectations

DiAnna14
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

30-day rental expectations

Hi everyone,

I have a 31-day renter starting this week.  What kind of service would you offer for a 1-month rental, as far as cleaning and towels/sheets?  It’s a single gentleman renting the place.   I have several sets of towels and three sets of sheets in the condo for him. Just not sure if I should let him do his own laundry, or do all the cleaning and laundry for him weekly?

Any insight is much appreciated!  

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@DiAnna14

Weekly cleaning is good for you because you will see how he treats your property and avoid  potential significant damage . For example I just had guests for 2 nights who turned on the heating on 25C and kept the bathroom door closed all the time so the bathroom was left extremely humid. There was no damage after just 2 days but if they have stayed for a month I would have mold on the bathroom walls for sure.

ps

anyone who rents the place up to 28 days, in most countries is considered as a guest. After that he becomes a tenant and gain tenant rights. This is why most hosts have 28 days max stay. I assume you are familiar with a law in your country and will make him sign a contract to protect yourself and your property

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@DiAnna14 A weekly change of towels for sure, maybe bedlinen. I don't know your rates for him. Just an idea.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Personally I do not rent my space for more than 28 days as I do not want to be a land lord and do not want a tenant, @DiAnna14, as could happen here in California.  That being stated, many hosts do long term rentals and have great experiences.  In case you are not aware of it, there is a long term rental guide on this site.  Just enter search terms "long term",  Good luck