70th Birthday reservation gift suggestion

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

70th Birthday reservation gift suggestion

Have received a reservation from a couple whom are celebrating wifes 70th Birthday. Obviously its a very special day and I want to make it a memorable happy stay.

I am thinking of a box of chocolates (soft centres) and flowers to be left for them in their room.

Does anyone have more ideas ?

15 Replies 15
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Chris232  

Sounds like a wonderful idea, you're a very thoughful host! Bottle of prosecco/wine and a couple of glasses could also be nice, but chocolates/flowers on their own would be more than enough.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Chris232 that sounds amazing, I would probably add a bottle of wine like @Paul1255 suggested and I would also write a nice note to congratulate her and wish them a lovely stay. 

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Brilliant thank you @Paul1255 @Ana1136 

Bottle of prosecco/wine and a couple of glasses will be the perfect way for them to celebrate their special day.

Will make it into a Welcome Birthday basket along with the a Birthday Card,  flowers and chocolates for them to enjoy.

Actually looking forward to having them here =:-)

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Chris232 I am glad, I love these kind of things. I hope your guests appreciate your thoughtfulness 🙂 

Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

We've had a number of guests celebrating birthdays and anniversaries during their visit, @Chris232 .  Usually we try to go the extra mile with the following items:

1.  Hang a banner (Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary)

2.  Leave a bottle a prosecco or wine (if they're of age) along with a mini-cake from a local shop (sometimes w/ice cream).  

3.  Purchase theme balloons and a card from the local dollar store.

Everything is visible upon entry, so it is a pleasant surprise.

These are inexpensive (and some are re-useable) items so it, doesn't add much cost, but guests are normally appreciative!

P.S.  Some guests are non-drinkers, so we have a bottle of sparkling grape juice as an alternative.

What a great idea of a mini-cake!

I have got great feed back from guests if you offer some nice local produce. What ever it may be you fancy from your local farmers market.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

70th wedding anniversary?  😄 So cute!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A very kind gesture @Chris232 ! Inspirational 🙂 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What a lovely idea @Chris232 

I wonder if it might be better to ask the husband. Diabetics can't eat chocolates. Some people are allergic to flowers, and some don't drink alcohol.

I wonder whether something local to your area either a small selection in a hamper ie chees, local pies or cakes would be nice or perhaps a cream tea at a lovely local cafe or entry to visit a local historic house or gardens.

This would make it unique to your area and all the more memorable.

I am sure whatever you offer it will be a lovely suprise.

Jeremy100
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Go the all the way.  They are only 70 once.  Give them a half price stay!

Nana65
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

Hello my dear friends! I love air.bnb and I want to ask you to help me multiply the number of guests from this site. Thank you in advance. Thank you Nana 6/06 2019 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Nana65 tell us how and we will be happy to help you if there is a way 🙂 

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

@Chris232 .. there are many nice ideas here .. flowers are always great, but instead or additional to flowers probably you find a cute plant or planted herbs, which they could take home and always thinking back to this birthday when they see it.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Chris232 

If you know your Guests names have you looked them up online to see if there's any helpful info maybe tucked away on them?

Maybe Golf, Tennis, Bridge etc competition details?

Online is a great tool to use so long as you have the right person's details of course!

The idea of a plant is always nice, you look like you have lovely garden so maybe a cutting or two, or flowers from your garden also to take home with them.

All the best