A good thing with using the Airbnb app

Phanita0
Level 5
Thailand

A good thing with using the Airbnb app

I just want to shear a happy story here and how helpful the airbnb app can be used.

I had a Chinese family (a young couple with two small boys )that came a stayed at one of my house recently for 4 days . While they were staying with me, they asked me if I could organize a rental car for them. Something I will do for all of my guests. I do use a rental company that I trust on the island. The family stayed at my place and used the car to explore the many beaches and attractions around the island and enjoy them self. They took good care of my house and left it spotless, they told me that they where going to stay one more night on the island and would be staying closer to the airport as of they where leaving early the day after to Bangkok and then back to China. The day they where staying somewhere else they went shopping  in a shopping center and had something to eat in a restaurant. 

Unfortunately they left behind their wallet containing money, bank card,  id card , etc. in the restaurant and didn’t realize it before it was to late. Thanks to a good samaritan (the waiter) that found the wallet. He looked thru it but most of the id card was in Chinese and then he saw the car rental contract. He contacted the car rental company who contacted me and I could contact the guest thru airbnb app.

The family was very grateful that we contacted them and gave them the good news. They where in Bangkok at the moment (one hour flight away from koh samui) and he asked if I could collect his wallet for him. Something I was happy to do.

I drove to the restaurant and meet the waiter and of course he wanted some proof on who had lost the wallet , so he wouldn’t give it to the wrong people. I had continuous contact with the guest thru airbnb app and the waiter wanted to see his picture of the chinese. With the airbnb app he sends his picture to me and the waiter was sure that it was given to the right owner. I then collected the wallet and returned it to the guest by secured postage.   

It was a very good feeling when the guest send me a text telling me that he has received the wallet.

So I would say that the airbnb app was a very good and helpful tool in this case and that I could still contact the guest even after they checked out. 

5 Replies 5
Tueykay0
Level 10
Santa Monica, CA

@Phanita0

You are very kind and we need to congratulate more hosts like you!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I agree with @Tueykay0, it is amazing to hear the huge lengths you went to @Phanita0, to help you guest. Losing your wallet can be really worrying, not to mention the amount of time it takes to get everything sorted out. It's even worse when you are on holiday. I am sure your guest was so appreciative of your kind effort. 

It also sounds like you have some good detective instincts. 🙂

Thanks so much for sharing. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Flower2
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Its a simple action and not taken much of our time but it meant so much to the owner of the wallet. So touhcing. Hope to have more hosts like you @Phanita0

Good sharing! 

Ha10
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

The story sounds great with the kind host like you. Thanks for your story that makes me love Airbnb so much:)

Kathy33
Level 8
Seattle, WA

Nice job!!👍