Additional house rules are by default hidden to guests

Te0
Level 3
Sandy, UT

Additional house rules are by default hidden to guests

For a better experience for both me and my guests, I have some additional house rules in my listing. However, I noticed that Airbnb by default only shows the first few lines of the additional rules, and rest requires a click on the "+more" button to expand. This is true in your front page as well as in guest's itenarary after booked. The problem is many guests really only take a glance of your listing before booking, rather than reading through everytyhing you have carefully written. This has caused surprises and less than perfect experiences. Why not Airbnb just show the entire additional house rules, why require a click on the already hidden "+more" button? IMO this really brings hassles especially for hosts. At least now I don't just Instant Book and ask the guests if they have read through the addition rules and feel comfortable with them. This isn't really necessary!

2 Replies 2
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Te0 although that's true in your listing, if the guest books they are shown and asked to acknowledge the complete list of rules, so theoretically, the guest should be reading them all during the booking process. 

Thanks for responding! I don't remember if I could see the full addition house rules without needing to expand when I booked a place last time. But I do know that once booked the guest is accpepting all rules. I am just thinking why such an important thing can't be shown to guests in a direct way.