AirBnB Plus requirement to take your listing off all other sites.

Angela683
Level 2
Winchester, CA

AirBnB Plus requirement to take your listing off all other sites.

I just received invites to add my properties to the AirBnB Plus program but they require you to take your listings off all other sites.   Seriously????   From the reviews I have read so far from hosts who have tried Plus, it doesn’t sound like it’s worth it.  Seems to be more negative reviews than positive and to take my homes off of VRBO/HomeAway seems like suicide.  I tend to get more frequent but shorter stays from Airbnb at my lower priced (smaller) homes while VRBO/Homeaway tends to provide longer stays at my more expensive properties.  The Airbnb clientele seems to be younger and more price conscious but VRBO seems to be an older clientele who are looking for  longer vacations at nicer homes where price is less of an object.  Has anyone taken their home off of other sites to try the Plus program?

16 Replies 16
Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Susan17 

Yup, that's good old American Capitalism at its finest for you.  😉

I am a "Superhost"(not that I really care about it), and get plenty of reservations.  In other words--things are going great(aside from Airbnb's crappy policies).   Why, on earth, would I want to join this "Plus" Program?  I don't see the point.

JooHo0
Level 2
New York, NY

can anyone tell me when did Airbnb started to include the exclusivity as one of the requirements to become Airbnb Plus? When Plus was launched around early 2018, there wasn't, as I remember.