Airbnb Location Map Complaints

Angela864
Level 2
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Airbnb Location Map Complaints

Hi fellow Hosts,

Throughout my hosting time I have been puzzled when guests left poor ratings claiming that I had provided them with the wrong address.  Every person who books receives a message via Airbnb with directions, I`ve even provided an aerial map with the apartment, parking and streets highlighted and messaged guests with a link to this in the check in instructions, it couldn`t be any clearer. 

At the weekend I discovered that Airbnb iprovides guests with an incorrect map on the reservation details.  This would explain a lot, as guests are going to the wrong address as the Airbnb map is wrong.  I messaged Airbnb immediately.  The response was very slow but at first the Airbnb assistant seemed to think I wanted to change my address then after several emails they sent me my own directions copied from my listing saying, oh ive found some really helpful directions to your place.   You couldnt make this up! 

The following day Airbnb moved the location map to another wrong location and messaged me saying thats my address updated, i should now contact my booked guests to speak to them about the address change !  I`ve since emailed 3 times and each time Airbnb closes the case saying support case closed.  On each occassion they havent even bothered to reply or adjust the map to the correct location.

Anyone else in a simialr situation?

0 Replies 0