Airbnb PLUS application process...

Julie1385
Level 2
Denver, CO

Airbnb PLUS application process...

I have heard nothing but bad things about this process yet there are several homes in my area (Denver) that have been made "PLUS" properties.  I would love to hear from hosts who have had success with the PLUS application process.  How long did it take?  It sounds like there is an extreme delay in the correspondence with airbnb during this process.  I am not sure I want to go through it if it's going to take 6 months or more.  ALSO... those who have been successful, has the reward of higher booking rates been worth it?  Are you seeing higher profits?  Thanks! 

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Julie1385

A friend has a Plus listing - was one of the first batch in London. His view: you go from being a host to being a butler, people expect the Ritz or Savoy and are very hard to please, there was no uplift in reservations nor price (he was always nearly fully booked anyway), the professional photos made the place look larger and better than in real life.....and all for £149.

We have been offered it, but no way...

Julie, I'm in Denver as well. It's been four months since our application. Please see the exchange below. 

Thu, Apr 11, 10:33 AM (4 days ago)
to Airbnb

Sophie,

We've achieved Superhost 10X in a row. All we are asking is that you complete our AirBnB Plus application. It has been 2 months now.

Mark
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 11:01 AM Airbnb Plus <airbnbplus@airbnb.com> wrote:
Hi Mark,

I feel sorry to hear that, I informed the team that you didn't receive any invitation. I will come back to you as soon as I have informations.

Thank you so much for your patience, it's greatly appreciated.

Lovely day,
Sophie 

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 3/29/2019 8:31 AM
To: airbnbplus@airbnb.com
Subject: Re: Airbnb plus - status

Sophie,

No, we did not receive the invitation.

Mark 
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 9:16 AM Airbnb Plus <airbnbplus@airbnb.com> wrote:
Hi Mark,

I just heard back from the technical team, they have sent you a new invitation, did you receive it? If so, could you please accept the invitation?

Thank you so much in advance,
Best,
Sophie 

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 3/27/2019 8:30 AM
To: airbnbplus@airbnb.com
Subject: Re: Airbnb plus - status

Sophie,

It’s been six weeks.

Mark

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 9:43 AM Airbnb Plus <airbnbplus@airbnb.com> wrote:
Hi Mark,

Sophie from plus team.
Thank you for putting so much energy to join the plus program! 

The customers support agents forwarded your case to me, I had a look at your account and It seemed that there is a glitch. I forwarded the problem to the technical team.
I will get back to you as soon as I have updates from their side 🙂

Please let me know if there is something else I can do for you, I'll do my best to help you. 

Lovely day,
Sophie
Matthew315
Level 2
Boulder, CO

Airbnb Plus Isn't Worth It!

Dear Giancarlo (Candidate thoughts on Airbnb Plus),

Thank you for reaching out and for suggesting that I provide input. Please feel free to share my feedback with the operations and management team.

Your response and the Airbnb team’s responses over the last six to seven months of on-boarding for the Airbnb Plus designation don't meet my needs nor does it respect the amount of time or dollars invested. The process lacked integrity, clarity, a clear communication channel, and Airbnb didn’t follow through with its end of the agreement.

In my last correspondence, I asked to speak with someone who manages this process and has the capacity to make executive-level decisions. That didn’t happen. Instead, I received your message which doesn’t meet my actual needs. However, it’s simply par for the course at this stage so not much of a surprise.

Given the assiduous effort made over the last 6-7 months, and my candid conversations with team members throughout the AirBnB Plus onboarding process, I no longer trust AirBnB, its programs or processes. It’s highly unlikely I will ever consider any additional offerings again, apart from being a Superhost as I am today. In sum, I have no trust or confidence in AirBnB at this stage.

I made my scheduling constraints clear, attempted to coordinate efforts over the phone, listen, and take action in alignment with Airbnb Plus' demands which continuously changed online and over the phone. My time and energy were continuously disrespected and interactions were unprofessional, leaving me with no confidence or trust in AirBnB’s team. It lacks integrity.

I no longer trust AirBnB as a company. This is extremely unfortunate as we've been loyal users and hosts with AirBnB for nearly a decade. We were your early adopters. Our loyalty and trust have now evaporated. However, it will not affect the exceptional service that we provide to our guests as Superhosts.

We will continue to treat our guests with respect even if Airbnb doesn’t demonstrate the same consideration for its Superhosts. Unlike Airbnb, we will continue to offer exceptional service to the people who enjoy our home or host us in theirs - the people who make Airbnb actually work.

I no longer view this relationship as a partnership between my family and Airbnb, I view it as a crass capitalist relationship that is purely transactional that works best so long as I don’t have to engage AirBnB’s customer service team or its snake oil offerings.

This is a classic case of HQ not getting the people who make Airbnb possible and potentially profitable. I can assure you, ignoring the people who make this service stellar is the road to failure. If Airbnb doesn’t treat its hosts and Superhosts with respect, the future of the business is grim and an IPO potentially disastrous.

After this experience, I’ll be making it clear to my investment adviser that the capital I have set aside to be invested in Airbnb if an IPO occurs should be placed in another company where I still have trust in its business model and the people behind it. That doesn’t exist with Airbnb any longer.

Thanks again for opening the space to hear my candid point of view. On that note, here’s to moving forward, remaining a Superhost, and avoiding anything additional with the Airbnb or Airbnb Plus team unless it pertains directly to meeting the needs of guests using our listings or when staying with another host.

Respectfully and regretfully,

Matthew