Airbnb Plus

Airbnb Plus

We had someone come out and take pistures for PLUS.  Nice guy, bad pictures.  I could go on and on but they were not good at all.  No way I would use these ever.  I heard also they take control over listing details.  I think it is a great idea but they need to trust their hosters.....  They also need people that have an eye for this stuff.  I was pretty excited about this at first but this seemed to be rolled out with not a lot of thought.....

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Maybe just maybe Plus is not such a great idea. 😉

Keep in mind, a photographer has a certain mental outlook (tech art that evokes emotion), the marketer (Airbnb, to sell the sizzle) and the host (attractive, but informative pictures of what they are indeed offering). All three are coming from different angles.

@Fred13

Yeah, but it should be a situation where those 'angles' add  up to more than the sum of their parts.  The hosts know what their specific guests have liked/noticed, airbnb, presumably, knows generally, based on their aggregate data, what are the items/looks/details that move guests to book, and the photographer is an expert at staging and bringing all of these details to the forefront in a beautiful photograph that will show well on the site. 

Precisely, the host's angle is surely the most revelant, it their place. Perhaps there lies the worse requirement of the Plus program, that the host must give up too much control.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

minus and minus = Airbnb PLUS 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Brian-and-Stephanie0

Is the trade-off........ what you gain for what you lose worth it?

The listing description will be your next problem, your input will be minimal, if at all.

Plus, it's frustrating to think you are entering an elite band only to find out competing hosts have cancelled reservations, have less than a dozen hostings to their name and would not get a Superhost gurnsey. 

Your call guys but many are walking away from Plus.......and after looking at your fantastic listing I would too! I think I would want to keep control of that!

Cheers.....Rob

Thanks everyone. We will opt out until they can get a better platform....

Lizbeth10
Level 2
Bainbridge Island, WA

Hi Rob:  I'm wondering if you have a PLUS listing?  If you did/do, did you opt out of it?