Airbnb case manager do not fulfil their commitment

Zoe127
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Airbnb case manager do not fulfil their commitment

We had a long trip (over 50 nights' stay) last month. For some reason, the guest wants to cancel this booking after they checked in, due to our cancellation policy, which is the strict policy, guest cannot get a total refund. Moreover, one case manager named Reagan promised he would keep the first-month payout to us. Nevertheless, they gave the guest a full refund and did not fulfill their commitment, which is a first-month payout.
We feel outraged if not super disappointed about the decision they made. They said they have decided to uphold their "original" decision on this case. This is ridiculous because the "original decision"  made by Airbnb (via case manager Reagan) was to keep the first-month payout to us. Secondly, we were not in a position to cancel the reservation, and it was the guests AND Airbnb who kept the dates blocked, and therefore, it's by no means fair to sacrifice us while guests and Airbnb took no responsibilities in this matter. Thirdly, we were very prompt to deal with all issues regarding this trip and thousands of other trips we are hosting via Airbnb. We want the best experiences for the guests; however, while Airbnb didn't work out a solution for nearly ONE MONTH, we, the host became the only victim at the end, which is not acceptable and is a violation of Airbnb's promise to the community.
It has been a few weeks, and I try to get in touch with Airbnb customer service, but no one respond to me at all. Could anyone can help me with that, please?

3 Replies 3
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Zoe127  Did you call Airbnb support? Here is the phone number for Airbnb support in Australia 

Australia

+61 2 8520 3333

The other way to reach Airbnb support is to send message through twitter. In your case, a long-term cancellation policy should be applied after the guest checked in and wanted to cancel unless there was an extenuating circumstance. But it does need the guest to provide support documentation.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Zoe127  your regular strict policy is not applied here. He booked for over 28 nights so the long term cancellation policy should be applied.

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#long-term

I understand and feel sorry for your frustration 😞 Unfortunatelly I've seen too many posts about Airbnb not honoring its own policies and TOS and the host is always the one at lost so I am not surprised.

@Zoe127  It sounds like the guest reported either a Travel Issue or an Extenuating Circumstance when they contacted Airbnb. Either way, it should have been disclosed to you, and your calendar should have been opened. But Airbnb sure is mishandling a lot of issues these days...