Airbnb charging the wrong amount

Donna29
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Airbnb charging the wrong amount

Airbnb charging wrong amounts to guest trying to book July 18 thru July 15.  Should be 240.00 a night.  They are being charged 200.00 a night.  Quite a difference when their staying a week.  

12 Replies 12
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Donna29 Looks like you already solved this problem since for the week beginning 7/15 I see a nightly price of $240 and apparently you updated your calendar today.  All good now?

Hi there,

I also have a guest who says he's been charged way more than he shoukd nhave been on Instant Book. He is asking me what happened. I cannot even get hold of anyone to help me. His booking is for 8 July, so pretty soon. He says the screen said his booking would cost $244 but he was charged $320. When I checked my screen it said $286.
I do not know how to help my guest sort this out.
Regards,
Gillian

Candida1
Level 1
Chichester, United Kingdom

I have been charged £2,093 for a trip on my card while the confirmatoin from the host is £653. A BIG difference. There is no way of contacting Airbnb about it which is pretty scary. Hopefully this might produce some results.....?? 

@Candida1 if you google "contact AirBNB" you will find thier phone number.  We unfortunatly cannot help as this forum is for fellow hosts who use AirBNB - this was the #1 result when I searched "UK Contact AirBNB phone" 

United Kingdom: +44 203 318 1111.
United States (USA) / Estados Unidos de América (EEUU): +1-415-800-5959 (local San Francisco number) or +1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free)
Jan 6, 2016
Airbnb Email, Support Resources & Local Phone... | All About Airbnb
all-about-airbnb.com/post/.../airbnb-support-resources-local-phone-numbers-and-email

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Can anyone help me?  I can barely stand there is no customer service person to speak with LIVE!! 😞    I need to charge my cleaning fee seperatley in cash upon a guest's departure.  I cannot figure out how to do that.

@Nancy-Towne0 You can set a cleaning fee in your Pricing Setting under Additinal Pricing Options.  When you do this, the cleaning fee is added to the cost of the reservation. 

Airbnb does not allow cash transactions before or after a stay (except for Occupancy Taxes) so you cannot ask guests to pay more than what they already paid. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/251/what-if-a-host-asks-for-more-money

Did anyone get their situation resolved? 

I sent a Special Offer to my guest for 66 euros. But Airbnb charged the guest 21 euros.  I don't know

how or why this is happening. 

Carmen278
Level 1
Valparaiso, IN

We are to receive $100.00 per nite.  We just found out from our clients that airbnb is charging $ 24.00 per nite for a service fee.  This is excessive.  We don't get it.  They are receiving their 3% plus this service fee.   I can't find any link to Airbnb to tell them I am not happy about this.   

Carmen278
Level 1
Valparaiso, IN

We are to receive $100.00 per nite.  We just found out from our clients that airbnb is charging $ 24.00 per nite for a service fee.  This is excessive.  We don't get it.  They are receiving their 3% plus this service fee.   I can't find any link to Airbnb to tell them I am not happy about this.   

@Carmen278 Your guests are mistaken.  For a two night stay totalling $200, Airbnb is charging a service fee of 12.5% which is normal.  The service fee is not charged per night, but rather calculated on the nightly rate you have set.  So, a two night stay will cost the guest $225 not $250.00.

Brue0
Level 1
Columbus, OH

My calendar shows my fee for the night is $95 and $99 for an OSU football weekend.  Airbnb just booked someone for $59 per night.  Wht do I do?

I had printed my calendar after setting it and booking fees, so I have a hard copy showing the amounts I set.

Bente3
Level 3
Yarragon, Australia

Airbnb don't give me a lot of booking, when they do they frequently charge well below the required fee, they don't respond to e-mail and other contact. My last booking had an excessive power and water bill. What can I do, short of not taking any guests?