Airbnb does not recognise my location

David95
Level 1
Donegal, Ireland

Airbnb does not recognise my location

I live in Donegal, Ireland, and yet when I search for my own listing, using the key word Donegal on Airbnb, it does not appear. 

My full address is Falcarragh, County Donegal, and if I search for Falcarragh, my house comes up, likewise if I search for County Donegal, my house shows up.

The frustrating thing is that 95% of people coming to visit North-West Ireland, will just type Donegal into the Search function. And my house doesn't show up using just Donegal.

I have added the word Donegal in as many places as I can think of on my listing, and it still doesn't help.

Can anyone advise me of what to do, please?

Thanks
David

1 Reply 1
Nancy2
Level 6
Sacramento, CA

@David95

The Key Word search hasn't worked for a while at least in the U.S.  But I imagine people would put the city/town in and not expect to search for it via the key word search anyway.

In an address request by Airbnd where I live, generally they ask for a street address/Apt #/ City/State/Zip Code.  Where you live I assume it's different but maybe still has several sections.  I'm wondering if you could change your address putting Falcarragh in one section, County in another section and then Donegal in another.  All words would be part of the address but County and Donegal would be separated allowing it to be found.

I don't know the ramifications if you left off County completely (like GPS mapping) but it may be worth checking out if that's 95% of your possible guests.

Wish you all the best,

Nancy

Wish you all the best,

Nancy