All Guest Communication for $100/mth? Is That worth it???

Elizabeth1506
Level 2
Drayton, SC

All Guest Communication for $100/mth? Is That worth it???

We need your help Airbnb Host Fam! We are looking for some feedback.

We are fellow Superhosts that have several AirBnb's. We found that we love managing them and communication and interacting with guests. During the last couple years, we have been approached by a number of local AirBnb hosts asking us to manage their Airbnbs and/or consult in starting theirs up. We have been really successful at doing this and thoroughly enjoy helping to deliver a great, memorable, comfortable stay for guests while maximizing occupancy, ROI, and truly passive income for our clients. 

However, over the last several months we have been consistently asked by other hosts if we would  solely manage the guest communications and cleaner scheduling. From what we have heard, this seems to be the most unfavorable and inconvenient part of hosting fora lot of people. We have done this remotely for a number of clients at their request and they have been pleased but we are on the fence about whether our price is just right, over valued, or under valued. 

As fellow hosts, we feel like $100/month per property for all guest communication, leaving reviews, and cleaner scheduling is reasonable. That is what we have been charging. 

Fellow Hosts: What is your least favorite thing about hosting? What takes up most of your time? Would you consider this service valuable? Would you ever consider outsourcing these things for $100/month per property? In your opinion, is that a reasonable price? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies 2
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Elizabeth1506 

my least favourite thing 

1. Cleaning and ironing 

2. waiting for guest at check in

both are easily outsourced but communication is not that bad but please remember some hosts naturally have a larger selection of guests than others so maybe consider another payment method than just a flat fee. 

we have a template for the 

“reservation confirmation” - outlined below. And use this to answer any of the main questions people may have including parking, local transportation systems etc. Sharing as I hope it helps others and has saved us a lot of time ... 🙂

hello xxx

hope you are well and thank you for booking with us.

1. Address 

full address + directions +map link 

2. Arrival information 

confirm check in times, and asking them to do the same for their ETA or reminder to do so closer to their article date. And any other instruction eg please ensure you message us 20 mins before arrival as to ensure someone is present to meet you. 

3. Luggage drop off 

explain if this is possible and if not point them to a suitable Luggage holding company with site details and costs. 

4. Contacts 

5. House manual 

(please note all information shared during check in can be found in our house manual attached to the listing on Airbnb) 

please let me know if you have any further questions. 
kindest regards,

xxx

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Elizabeth1506  There are so many different types of listings for such a price range, that it's very hard to give some blanket answer. I just host a private room in my home for solo travelers, so no, it wouldn't be at all worthwhile for me to farm out communications, plus I want to communicate with my guests myself- it's the way I feel confident that they will be good guests, and it's the reason I don't use instant book.

As far as what you are charging being fair, that also depends- obviously if you have to communicate with 10 guests per week, that's going to take a lot lss time than communicating with 100.

What takes most of my time is cleaning- I spend 2 hours cleaning the guest bedroom/bath, but I have a 3 day minimum, and the majority of my guests stay at least a week, so it's not like I have to spend 2 hours on it every day for quick turnovers.

I don't have any least favorite things about hosting, I don't mind any of it.