Another early check in/Late Check out message...Noooo!!!

Jason708
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Another early check in/Late Check out message...Noooo!!!

Hello my name is Jason and I love being an Airbnb host. I have been for the last three years and it has opened plenty of opportunities and I have met so many wonderful people all around the world. But I just can't help looking for ways to improve not only my experience as a host but to look out for the best interest in my guests comfort and safety. So I have a question, how do you handle early check in request or guest who are looking to drop off thier luggage until check in?

[Advertisement removed as per the community guidelines]

Thanks and talk soon friends.

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Jason708 Great of you to think of ways to make life easier for your guests, though I didn't get the association between guests able to leave their luggage with this service and early check-in. If you allow early check in, (which I get the impression most host do not allow), then they have no need of this service; conversely, if you do not, this may be a great option for your guests.

Hello Fred and hope you're having a great weekend so far. I'm referring to failed early check in request from guest who are looking for an alternative to storing luggage until their actual check in time. How often are you able to provide an early check in, if asked by your guest?

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Early check-in and luggage drop are generally never an issue for us. Early check-in is just dependent on whether or not we have guests back to back.

Right, I try to accomodate guest as much as I can but due to back to back bookings I can't. Wish I could do more but with this service I can.

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Good suggestion, but why give that company money when the guest can give it to you? You can modify the price so that you can store the guests luggage. Put it in a hall closet, your back patio or in your garage. If all else fails offer them a reduced price on the night before since they are arriving early. Easy ways to keep the money in your pocket. Back to back reservations are great, but if youre not managing your calendar to maximize your income then your losing easy money. The site you mentioned charges $70 to watch 3 pcs of luggage and bases their service on the weight, distance of travel and time. Surely us hosts can offer a creative alternative to accomadate the guests. If someone offered me $70 to watch their luggage for a few hours Id find a way to make it work.

Ouch - no way would anyone pay that much - I'm lucky to get that for a weekday night this time of the year 😞 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

The "staff" page at that web address is pretty interesting, @Jason708. Bikini models and lorem ipsum text.

You won't want to use that company (your company?) until it gets its act together.