Apparently a bug in hosting that combines same messages across same guest but separate reservations

Kelly-and-Dana0
Level 1
Anderson, CA

Apparently a bug in hosting that combines same messages across same guest but separate reservations

Just discovered this. Apparently a bug in software. When same guest books two separate reservations, the messaging posted to the first reservation was pulled into the second reservation.

5 Replies 5
ONERüF0
Level 7
United States

I've not seen this and just had a guest arrival that stayed previously and a booking by another that stayed previously.  Just fyi.  

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Kelly-and-Dana0 

This has been the case since I started hosting three years ago. There is only one message thread per guest. So if one guest books multiple stays then only the last reservation confirmed will appear visible on the message details. It's a lousy system that's for sure.

@Emilia42  is correct. One message thread per guest which is good! Without this, I might not notice that they are a returning guest.

I don't think this is a bug at all @Kelly-and-Dana0 .

@Kelly-and-Dana0 @Susan151 

The one downfall is that if you have a guest who makes multiple reservations at once (before the previous reservation is completed), you only see one confirmed reservation in the message thread. For example: you initially have no idea that the guest is arriving also on September 12th because the message thread lists October 1st. It can be confusing if not looking directly at your calendar. 

Kelly-and-Dana0
Level 1
Anderson, CA

Thank you for the replies. I will leave that alone.