Arranging Superhost Bonus for Free Professional Photography

Tang6
Level 2
New York, NY

Arranging Superhost Bonus for Free Professional Photography

I had received emails from Airbnb saying that they appreciated my efforts as a Superhost for consecutive assessment, and offered me a free professional photography session in return. But when I was trying to arrange such photography session, the system said it's going to charge me $166 USD instead. I had messaged Airbnb's team multiple times regarding this, and no one get back to me at all on this. And when I called their representatives, they told me to simply just wait, and someone shall get back to me, eventually. It had been more than 2 weeks now, and I didn't receive a single message nor call from Airbnb about this.

Did someone receive such Superhost offer email as well? Did someone actually manage to arrange such offer? I was pretty satisfied with Airbnb's customer/host services, until this happens and they simply chose to ignore me.

4 Replies 4
Jeanette57
Level 2
New Paltz, NY

We recently found out that as a Superhost Airbnb will either give us 100.00 towards a stay at an airbnb of our choosing or free photography which are both awesome!

We chose the free photography but as we are choosing the option it's already telling us we have to pay and how. Do we actually get charged if we continue or in the end not be charged?

This should be spelled out better. Im wondering how many give up because it's not really clear how this is going to happen or if it will ever happen?  Its a total waste of time where I should be doing other things if this is just praise for a job well done for being a super host 2-1/2 years running.  How is it that Airbnb isnt responding in anyway to this kind of a problem?

Cathryn27
Level 3
Kelseyville, CA

I received the same notice, but also discovered a $120 charge for the photography.  Looking forward to hearing how others have accessed the ‘free’ service. 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I did and as I remember it I could choose to use my superhost voucher.

The service was not much to write home about, though.

When you select the photography option, you'll get to a screen that shows the cost. There is a button you can select to use your superhost bonus. When you select it the total cost comes to $0.