Best UK linen & towels? Advice needed :)

Luke279
Level 6
Bristol, United Kingdom

Best UK linen & towels? Advice needed :)

Reaching out to my fellow UK Airbnb host to see through trial & error you found the best linen to suit your airbnbs?

We've been running for 6 months now over a number of properties, from using a massive variety of duvet sets from a number of stores. Though we are struggling to find a brand, or set that lasts, or doesn't burn in the tumble dryer easily! 

We want our guests to be comfortable, though the cost of linen is getting out of control through stains and other errors, I.e poor quality failing after a number of washes etc  

The same goes for towels, these do last longer than the duvet sets and sheets.

Anyone in the UK got any input? Found that perfect brand that lasts? Would be awesome if you could share if so 🙂 

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Luke279  I don't live in the UK, so can't help you out there, but one thing you need to do is learn what products to use to pre-treat various types of stains before you throw them in the washer and dryer. 

Even the best quality linen will soon be rubbish if you don't check things over for stains before washing. 

Bloodstains, for instance, need to be presoaked in cold water and treated with hydrogen peroxide or other suitable products. If you just throw blood-stained things in the washer in hot water, it will cook the stain in so it never comes out. Greasy stains require other methods. The internet has tons of info on various stain remover methods.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Luke279 🙂

I'm not in the UK either but I use H&M home linen in 100% cotton. I think they offer great value for money. You can get some great deals when sale starts 🙂

Best, Sandra