Blocking guests

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

Blocking guests

Hi all.......I've been reading about this, blocking guests.  I'm thinking how easy would it be to also have people blocked from seeing a listing, after the fact, if the host says NO they wouldn't have them back, maybe it's like that now, I have no idea, just know I'd love to know all I have to do is say NO, an viola they can't see me anymore.  I did see on a post this summer someone shared how to block a guest, an the trouble you go through to find it, I haven't had anyone so far make an inquiry that had me decline them, so once they're outta here I'd LOVE to say NO an never have some back.

4 Replies 4

@Wende2  It's impossible to block someone from viewing a listing, because all active listings are accessible to anyone with internet access - regardless of whether they have an Airbnb account.

As far as I know, it's still possible to block a user so that they can't Instant Book your property. But your listing is still a very public thing, out there for the whole world to see, and previous guests may still have access to your personal contact details of you haven't changed them. 

Hi.....I was thinking if we said NO we wouldn't want them back it could easily trigger the system to block our listing or better yet that person, of course they may have a husband/wife/friend that could book instead, it would just be nice to never have them back.  Luckily so far I've only had about 4 - 5 guests that I'd be extremely happy to NEVER see again.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Wende2 @Anonymous 

a few years ago it was very easy to block someone to instant book but then ABB changed it (they obviously want us to accept every moron) and now I don't even know how to block. There were a few posts about it but somehow it didn't work for me... or I didn't understand it

Hi........this is the answer I seen, maybe it's different then what you tried.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/HOW-TO-BLOCK/m-p/976977