Booking rate

Aogán0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Booking rate

Just wondering what other hosts have for the percentage of people who go on to book, after viewing their listing?

This is our new listing, we're at just under 3% (with a longer minimum stay)

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/18894198

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Aogán0 percentage changes in season - out of season... I just looked my 3 listings and it is 1,4 - 7,7 - 3,5 % 

I know it looks bad but  if 10 people a day look at your listing and you get new booking every 3 days  it is 3,3% 🙂 

That's perfect, just gives me an idea, thanks very much!!

Bruce43
Level 10
Kfar Blum, Israel

also, people like to save a listing the red heart that people click 

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Aogán0,

I would pay no attention to this statistic.  I myself have looked at numerous listings with no plans on booking.  Just out of curiosity, and some market research for pricing my own place.

Some of the data that Airbnb collect is kind of strange.  Another one - the page where you see "views" and then "booking rate".  If you book longer term stays,  then your 'days when bookings occur" rate will be small. 

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I have a booking rate of 2.9% which is irrelevant if my occupancy is 54%. Having a 90% occupancy would mean I'm doing something right or my rate is too low, but using that number alone isn't any indication of your success. I can fill up my house at 90% occupancy if my rooms were $10 a night, but thats not my goal. All hotels will base their success on their occupancy rate and average daily rate. How many people look is irrelevant. I want to know how many people are buying.

Kirsten41
Level 2
College Park, MD

Mine is .7 percent with 412 views on past 30 days and 3 bookings. But I'm nearly solidly booked until end of October. And I've been nearly 100% occupied since I put up the ads (here and two other sites).  Slow time here starts in October and ends early March, and I'm booked for Feb/March. So, this number seems really odd for me. It literally tells me folks are looking a lot at my place and that's it. 400 times last 30 days. So, I wish I had these numbers month over month to see when most folks are looking at my place, maybe I could use that info, but right now it's really not useful at all.