Booking through your spouse or partners account.

Wendy107
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Booking through your spouse or partners account.

I have recently had guests booking and not knowing who they are coming with,until I ask the question,shouldn't Airbnb add this to the booking so it is made clear to the host who is booking before its accepted? 

Further to this can a guest book through their partners account? Surely if they do this there is no verification process?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Wendy107  It is assumed that the person booking is the same person as the profile plus whomever is part of the party.  Like you, I always ask for the full names of all those who are registered for the space.  Perhaps new Air BNB travelers do not know that "third party" booking is not allowed in the Air BNB system except for registered booking agents for business travelers.  It does seem odd that some people don't have all the members of their party committed, but I use it as a good time to remind only registered guests can stay and check that the number of guests matches with the number of names.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

When booking for the both of us, I use my account (which obviously shows both me and my husband and has reviews that reference us both) but if he were to book a solo vacation, I would have him use his own account.