Bookingkeys.com???

Kristine40
Level 2
Tonder, Denmark

Bookingkeys.com???

Hi all

I just received two calls today from a Swedish number (+46), English speaking persons wanting me to list my properties at their site (as they had potentially interested guests). Something made me feel a bit iffy about the whole thing, even more so now, that I have googled them. Do you know anything???

Happy - and safe - hosting, Kristine

15 Replies 15

@Kristine40  Of course if these supposed guests were "interested," they would have simply booked your already-existing listings.

There are hundreds of knockoff sites with a trompe l'oeil front-page and very little inventory. 

Thank you, Andrew, yes you are right - it is just that theese people approached me as if they were a new booking agency as Airbnb/Booking.com/HomeAway.

Just wanted to know if anyone had have the same experience, I am sure Andrew is right, though, thanks 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kristine40  How did they get your phone number?

Kristine40
Level 2
Tonder, Denmark

Hey Sarah (how do you guys tag each other? I haven't used this forum much). That's a good question, I don't know but they could have just googled, I suppose...

@Kristine40 To tag someone click on the @ symbol. A list of 5 names will come up of others on the thread. Click on the name you want after clicking on the @. If you don't see the name you want there, just click on the @ and start typing in the name you want, exactly as it appears on their post, numbers and all. Another box will come up with those names (like Kristine) and scroll down until you see the correct one, then click on that.

Dino83
Level 1
Larnaca, Cyprus
Dino83
Level 1
Larnaca, Cyprus

the email they sent me was full of spelling mistakes and punctuation errors. This is always a sign to stay away for me. i replied and said "no thanks its not for us." then blocked the number.

Bas25
Level 1
Utrecht, Netherlands

Hi all,

I'm Bas from Netherlands. I had also a call from Harry Boston Account manager of bookingkeys.com a Swedisch number (+46). but He called me from London (+44).

I refused to list my properties on bookingkeys. 

I can't trust anymore. 

Bas

Hi recived the same call yesterday, but nearly like all of you and from very first moment i knew there is something behind. The first thing I  spoke to a woman and her english was really bad, im not trying to sey that my is excellent but at least is decent. Then she  coneted me through to her manager, really good english and if i have to be honest prepared but still have this strange expressions i have to do my research.... I contacted a strutture who works from them and the lady has never recived any booking from them. So i think is better to stay away. I am looking forward to call me back on Tuesday, I asked for some time to think about thei offer. This time I will be preapared for the chat:-) .

1. They contact me with a google Email Address. As a world leading company they should have a company email address. Strange!
  2. They calle me first with a swedish , then from Spain or with a suppressed phone number, but it sounds that they are an indian call center (indian accent)
  3. On their website is no company seat, no VAT number, no tax number, no registration number of the company, no law form of the compaly like Ltd etc
  4. The contact street Sveavägen in Stockholm is an address where startups can rent office addresses. There are no world leading companies
  5. Their website is made with WordPress. No world leading company would do this. WP is nice for small companies
  6. As a world leading company there are just very few information on google. No press at all. strange! Google search just provides me with five !!! links about bookingkeys.com. The first two links go to their website, the third leads to your facebook website, and the following two links are scam warning. Very poor result for a world leading company
    https://www.scamadviser.com/de/website-prufen/bookingkeys.com
    http://scamanalyze.com/check/bookingkeys.com.html
  7. Some parts of their website are linked to Togo. That's not very serious!
  8. They told me, that they are also working together with my channel manager easybooking. Easybooking does not know them.
  9. They want to gain my trust just by trying to make bussiness "under gentlemen". Typical indian. No arguments in concrete. No positive press about their company, no flyer, nothing! Just this **bleep**ty website and a promise under gentlemen. Scary!
  10. Their main target is to get the deal fixed and my credit card number. They tease me that they would already have two clients for me. I do not believe. Scary
  11. Since a week they try to call me 5-6 times a day with suppressed phone number. Even as I told them several times that they are criminal scammer and that they shall not call me again. They do not stop scamming. When I pic up the phone with suppressed number they try telling me that I would not understand their business model. They always try to explain me their model again but now I hang up the phone imediately. But they do not stop trying to call me.

Absolutely sero trust!

@Anonymous  thanks a lot for taking the time to investigate this and provide all the details. They have harassed me with a lot of phone calls (1st warning sign), website is quite shady (2nd warning sign) , they want a yearly fee to be payed before anything else (3rd sign). I also tried to find details on google, but not a lot comes up about the website or the business. I have a phone conversation will them on Friday, but will cancel for sure. Thank you for your research!

valuable research. and clever pitch because the commission even with subscription, is huge.

but i pointed out that i did not have enough days if they let every day i had left to let, to fulfill their

basic guarantee of 70 days...so they should refund me right away!  but no, a workaround....

so i guess  @Anonymous is man of the mismatch! very well done.

Claudia1842
Level 1
Theux, Belgium

I'm happy to see that I'm not alone. They call me 5 or 6 times à day since 2 weeks. I've already said that I can't accept immefiately a proposition, I have to think about. I've spoken with thé national consumer's département Who say me to be careful with them. I had à job, now I' m sûre that they are stoker. Be careful 

Antonia236
Level 1
Thessaloniki, GR

They just phoned me today with an offer. I told them to phone me later. I see now what to expect...no bookings and no money back.