CITY OF MIAMI BEACH MAKES SHORT TERM RENTALS ILLEGAL! SHORT TERM RENTAL LISTINGS TO BE DELETED!

George240
Level 2
Miami, FL

CITY OF MIAMI BEACH MAKES SHORT TERM RENTALS ILLEGAL! SHORT TERM RENTAL LISTINGS TO BE DELETED!

OK PEOPLE THIS IS IT!  THE CITY OF MIAMI BEACH HAS THROWN DOWN THE GUANTLET!

Please allow us to get together and file a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST THE CITY!

As an owner of three (3) apartments that are getting deleted from airbnb on January 4, 2019, I am absolutely devestated.

Not really sure how I am going to feed my family now...THANKS MIAMI BEACH MAYOR DAN GELBER!!!

Let's throw these politicians out on their asses and sue the city!

Now, I have a lawyer, who is amazing, but I am going to need your help!

Are you with me?

Call me anytime, 

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

10 Replies 10
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@George240  I just read this morning that Airbnb won a case in New York city, where the city was trying to get Airbnb to give them private info on anyone hosting STRs in New York. Google it- could be a precedent.

Thank you Sarah!  Totally in love with Sayulita by the way!  YOU ROCK come to Miami and I make you some nice dinner!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@George240

George, I am so sorry for your predicament and America seems to have become an Airbnb bashing ground over this last year or so, and I do hold those at the top responsible! Their entire pre-ocupation is to do with making money not promoting a good citizenary face.

We hosts in our little part of the world are having great success with local government because we have illustrated how much verified guests bring into our local community, the prositive effect it has on local traders and they are firmly on our side. I even have Airbnb Welcome window stickers in a good few shops around here where I send my business. It is working because we promote the benefits instead of stonewalling the problems.

Somehow as a community we need to get the company to start protecting our ars*s instead of protecting their own!

I am sorry there is nothing I can do for you George here on the other side of the world but, mate, I am with you in spirit!

Cheers.....Rob

Very sweet Rob...thank you so much for your concern.  Wow, all the way from Austrailia...I have never been but always wanted to go!  Anyways please please contact me when you come to Miami your having dinner and drinks in my house!  Cheers mate!

Thanks, @George240. No plans to come to Miami, but if I do, I'll definitely take you up on that meal. (I prefer to do almost anything but cook!).

Haa ha...I feel you...I don't mind the cooking...but the CLEANING.....BUUUUAAAAAAHHHH!

Dennis287
Level 2
Boca Raton, FL

MINE TOO have been deleted.  We are exempt from the zoning as we are grandfathred in!  But we are still deleted and we sent airbnb messages, waiting to hear back!  This is a horrible situation.  THIS MAYOR needs to go!  The fines that they want to impose and possible jail time, airbnb in Miami get more time in jail and ifines than sexual predators do!  BOOOOOOOOO miami.

So true, and very sorry for your loss brother.  If you own your home, you should be able to rent it as you wish.   Best idea for us today, DOOMSDAY JANUARY 4, 2019, is to list our properties on other sites as quickly as we can.  Good luck and let me know.

Red3
Level 2
Miami, FL

So what do we do as hosts in situation like this?

Kevin1143
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

So what happens now?