Can a guest still edit their review?

Katie---Sean0
Level 10
Carlsbad, CA

Can a guest still edit their review?

Apologies if this post appears twice. I posted it earlier then edited it 3 times, which made it disappear. This has happened twice now, where a post disappears after editing it a few times in quick succession. Anyways to my question...

It's day 13 since my guest left.  He has a left a review for me, and I left one for him today. We were both nice, aww.

Can he still edit his review? I'm asking because I need to file a damages claim. I already filed a claim and closed it because the guest made pretty clear if I didn't, I'd get a bad review. So I closed the claim, and he left a vanilla review. Great. But I have 1 more day in which to re-file the damages claim, which wouldn't be smart if he can change his review again.  I'm 99% sure he can't change his review now I've left one too... but want to make sure.

Because I'm a nice person, I'm also asking myself if this is kinda underhand of me, but then, the guy did carefully extort me using language that made his intention to leave a bad review clear, but not clear enough to violate the Airbnb extortion policy. He works with legal situations so... he knew how to play it. Stressful.

Katie

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Katie---Sean0 

A review can be edited within 48 hours as long it is not published. As soon the other party writes a review, they are published and no editing anymore. But leaving  a public comment on a review is possible.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work

How long does a guest have to leave a comment on my review?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

So you are free to be "underhanded" with no change to the guest review.  I have seen other hosts waiting as long as they can before filing a claim just because the system currently allows guests to leave negative reviews as a retaliation.  Good luck!