Cancellation Issue

Lady2
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

Cancellation Issue

Hi All,

I manage a property for clients of mine who live interstate.  I confirmed a booking via AIRBNB that they agreed to and they are now requesting I cancel the booking.  If I cancel the booking I not only let down the guest but I will also have my Super Host badge removed.  I am really upset and am no longer going to manage this property for them but wondering if there is anyway I can keep my Super Host badge once I cancel the booking. 

Thanks in advance,

8 Replies 8
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Lady2,

No there is no way around this.  This is a huge drawback to hosting a property for someone else.

Sorry

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks Deb ... I've learnt a valuable lesson with this client ... I appreciate your reply.

Yanti1
Level 2
Singaraja, Indonesia

Sadly you are not really using Airbnb as it should be if you are letting property on behalf of other owners. The original concept is having guests stay in your home whilst you are present.

Yes @Yanti1 BUT the "original concept" has obviously changed.  

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Yanti1
Level 2
Singaraja, Indonesia

The concept should not have changed. Any problems which arise now are normally from greedy landlords and managers of multiple properties who are not adhering to the original sharing of your own home. Why should anyone be a super host when they are not even at the property giving 100 0/0, of their time and energy to a paying guest.

Yanti, this doesn't have to be the case. You can rent out your entire home (or on behalf of the property owner with their permission), without residing in the property yourself! Not everyone would want to share.

Point taken. I only use Airbnb and have hundreds of complimentary reviews but my guests expect us to be here as that is what they are looking for. Maybe Airbnb should be subdivided into specific areas. Hotels, empty homes and the original sharing part of your home.

Your guests maybe expect you to be there because your listing implies it. It's interesting that you keep referring back to the 'original concept' as the idea came about when the founders set up short term accommodation on air mattresses in their living room! Hence "Air" bnb - so yes, I guess you could definitely say that the original concept has indeed changed! We've come along way since blow up beds!