Cancellation

Cancellation

Hi,

I had a booking which happened automatically (even though I don't recall having set it as automatic). The guest cancelled tonight which is 4 days before the booking would have started. I got her to cancel, so as not to get penalties, but she said I can go through the resolution centre to get her the extra refund. However, when I try to do this, her cancelled reservation doesn't come up as a choice to issue refund to. I have tried contacting Air BnB, but can't find a way to find this. Can anyone tell me either how I can get in touch with Air BnB or why her cancelled name doesn't come up as a refund option? Thanks,

Catherine

5 Replies 5
Daisy14
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

855-424-7262 Airbnb urgent

Thank you.

Helena52
Level 4
Las Vegas, NV

Hi Catherine, 

Based on the information you've provided, seems like she booked a reservation with Instant Book and then cancelled the reservation. 

You should receive an email from Airbnb upon the Cancellation and offer her any refunds available. 

If I'm not wrong, you seem to have Flexible Cancellation Policy, where she should receive the full amount back (except Service fees). Therefore, you don't get paid and have nothing to refund her. 

Have your guest check their end of the Resolution Center if they could make a claim to request a refund from you. 

If they're trying to get the Service fee back, they could try to contact Airbnb but no guarantee they could get that back. 

Love,
Helena V.

Thanks for that.

The guest is trying to get you to return her service fees paid to Airbnb.  You are under no obligation to give her any money back.  A cancellation has an automation process and she will be refunded based on your cancellation policy.  She was told when she booked that fees are not refunded.