Cannot get Instant book activate

Canice0
Level 2
Tokyo, Japan

Cannot get Instant book activate

HI,

I just start hosting last week.

I have problem in activate the instant booking.

I got myself verified already and try to activate the instant booking.

Trying for few days. Like unlisted my listing then relist it, restart the computer, changing prices......

But the option just doesn't show up under my booking section. 

I got only Calendar and Pricing.

I sent email to AirBnB but did not get anything from them.

Thank you!

Canice

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Canice0,

Thank you for the question as I learned something new tonight.  According to @Airbnbhelp, you have to "have completed a booking before you are able to have the Instant Book feature available."

Now, I am not too confident in this answer as I am pretty sure my very first booking was via Instant Book.

I have provided @Airbnbhelp with your listing ID and they said they would reach out to you as there may be issues with your account.  If they do not contact you, reach out to them.  https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Happy hosting!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

Kandice0
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Thanks @dave, I haven't heard from them yet. Thanks so much for your help, I truely appreciate it!
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Canice0,

Did Airbnb ever reach out to you and if so, what was the problem?

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

HI Dave,

Thank you for your help.

Below is the answer I got:
"thank you for contacting our Airbnb experts community. 
I am sorry if it was not clearly stated on the FAQ, but Instant book requires a profile photo and the completion of a stay with a positive review before it will appear on your menu. At that time you'll have the access to enable this feature. "

I thought that it is a guest need to have a positive review to book in instant book, not the host need a positive review to activate the instant book.  

Thanks!

Canice