Change Reservation - Changed to Broken - Sigh

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

Change Reservation - Changed to Broken - Sigh

The change reservation feature has recently been changed... and broken. If you suggested or offered a change to another listing before, it would recalculate the price based on the new listing offered.  Now it doesn't do that anymore, it just leaves the price the same.  Sigh, this is SO DUMB, why change it to break the feature?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just had a guest book a combination booking - she needed two rooms to accomodate all the dates she needed.  Normally I would take my special offers listing, fill in the price from the requested rooms into the squares below in the special offers listing and let it figure out the price.  Now I need to do all calculations manually. Again, AIRBNB, WHY CHANGE IT TO MAKE IT WORSE?  STOP HIRING 18 YEAR OLD PROGRAMMERS!

Also! : I can't add notes to a Change Reservation offer... Normally I would describe exactly when room switch needs to happen, which rooms included, etc... now gone.  Dumb.

4 Replies 4

@Tony134

Maybe you would like to add a brief comment here

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Honestly Mike I really just with airbnb would hire some basic quality assurance testers like other grown up companies.  It's weird how often the take a working feature on the website and break it.  It's been over six months and there are still no faces on the calendar anymore, it's SO MUCH harder to keep track of my guests and bookings with all the data they scrubbed from the calendar, it's frustrating.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Tony134 At this point I can only think that ABB has an over-abundance of Tech Staff who need to create things to 'improve' / 'fix' / 'enhance' / 'update' in an attempt to ensure job security. Even 'breaking' something creates job security, it seems, as now somebody needs to fix it! 

If only! I have a list of obvious and basic improvements they could make if they wanted to keep busy.

Obvious Example any Challenged Child Could Come Up With #1:

Fix messaging thread on website to be in realtime.  When I reply to a guest message or vice versa, the reply doesn't show up until I hit refresh on the page.  Guests book with me all the time and miss greating messages and questions for hours if not days becuase they don't know to hit refresh and that I'm actually replying within a minute.

It's 2018, many websites have normal messaging threads that work in real time, even the ones that are just about sharing food photos.  We are planning vacations that cost 1,000s of dollars, you would think we would have the ability?