Changes to price setting, Weekly Price and Monthly Price function deleted

Jon16
Level 3
Victoria, Australia

Changes to price setting, Weekly Price and Monthly Price function deleted

Hi all, did you know the "weekly price setting" and Monthly Settings" are now gone.

I haver been in touch and of course the fairly lame response is "engineering upgrade" - but upgrades should improve things.

No in fact if you have a property in an area that peaks and troughs - get into your calender now and adjust ever day in peaks otherwise you can be discounted and suffer.

Get on the pricing page and send feedback (which i guess will be met with silence) be aware we have been Dirked again.

While I am here - once you could go Inbox - to "Reservation" on the toolbar in one click - now - Hosting Icon, 1 - Dashboard 2, Reservations 3 (shows the most furthest date booking for me 400 bookings out) click Resvervation (aagin) 4 and i am now at what was once 1 click.  An engineering "upgrade" hahaha - hopeless 

Oh and with 35 places I am in out of every page over and over so it adds maybe 20 minutes to each day.

so it is totally stupid "upgrade" 

7 Replies 7
Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

I am having no issues with seeing and/or editing these, but I AM having an issue changing price of days on my calendar. No issue with app, but DEFINITE issue w/browser. I can click day, but when i click into the pricing for that day, no keystrokes are entered.

ARGH!

Hi Jon,

Not sure if you are still having this issue...

Hurray! I finally see the links again. This has been absolutely maddening for me so if it helps someone else I will toss it out there. Airbnb reps have all been very nice to deal with but none of the three I spoke with could explain why the custom pricing for weekly/monthly had dissappeared and more importantly if it would be coming back. Frustrating...

I added in the additional step to click on computer refresh icon while on the page. See step 5.

To set a custom price for specific weeks or months:

1. Go to Your listings on airbnb.com and select a listing
  2. Click Manage listing
  3. Click Pricing at the top of the page
  4. Next to Length-of-stay prices, click Edit
  5. Click on the refresh icon located at top of computer screen next to URL bar (The reloading of the Length-Of-Stay prices page should restore the missing links used for setting custom weekly/monthly pricing)
  6. Below the weekly and monthly discounts, click a link to set a custom price for a specific week or month
  7. Locate the time frame you'd like to set a custom price for and enter a price
  8. Click Apply

I may just be having browser issues but even when I've cleared my cache/cookies those links are not restored. Links are only restored when I click the refresh directly while on that page. 

Best of luck! : )

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

You're not having browser issues @Saundra4 

I have to click refresh everytime I want the stupid link to appear.

Jon16
Level 3
Victoria, Australia

I am sure it is deliberate

Thank you so much, well down. 

The question is how would any new user find this obscure function now?

Is this just some Airbnb bastardry? an attempt to prevent hosts setting proper pricing in key periods - 

"Smart Pricing" is so dumb, it will cut your margins to shreds, I think the removal of the function was a deliberate act of economic sabotage against hosts by the leadership of Airbnb.

More to Follow 

Sandra - thank you - how did you find it? the "customer dis service" person I spoke with could not help.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Please pardon my slow reply. Glad to know you are able to get to your weekly/monthly links. It is rather annoying to have do a refresh every time I go to that page; however, not having the links come up at all for a week was much more annoying (lol).  I completely agree that it doesn't make much sense to have such an important feature so challenging to find. I do hope abnb programmers are working at making this much easier to access. 

You had asked how I found this refresh...I stumbled across it by accident. From the discount page, I had clicked over to the community center and then came back to the discount page and amazingly the links were just there. I then tried clearing cache, cookies, etc., which had no effect. I then tested using the refreshing of the page and saw that it restored links (though only temporarily). I'm thinking this isn't occuring to all hosts since I haven't seen that many postings in the forums. I just know that when I couldn't get to those darned links I was so frustrated and unable to get any answers from any abnb support that once I stumbled across a fix I just had to share in hopes that I could save the sanity and numerous expletives of some other poor host. 

Happy to hear my stumbling helped. : )

Sandy

Saundra

Well as we say in Australia - "your a bloody champion" well done and thank you.

Jon