Changing or altering a booking

Cathryn1
Level 4
Wollongong, Australia

Changing or altering a booking

I had a guest who is booking in for quite an extensive stay, 42 days, asking me whether he could extend his stay by six days.  I directed him to the request a change area of his booking.  When he put in the dates, the discount amount was deleted and he was charged the full nightly amount.  Which was a considerable.  I suggested to him that I would try at my end.

When I put in the relevant dates the same thing happened.  Therefore I rang the Superhost number and was assisted by Charmine who I found to be extremely helpful & patient. 

As a result our issue was resolved.  This is the second time a guest has requested to extend a stay only to be scared off by the increase in nightly rate.

Is there some way Airbnb had rectify this problem so guests & hosts do not have to go through a convoluted process? 

Has anyone else had this problem either as a host or guest?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cathryn1 

This is known problem and reported several times here. The alteration of a confirmed reservation does not calculate the right amount when discounts are involved. The temporary solution is: the host must perform the alteration and manually put in the right price into the pricefield. No idea when Airbnb is going to repair this, but the more people report (use the feedback option: Airbnb Feedback ), maybe the sooner it will be resolved.

Best regards,

Emiel

Cathryn1
Level 4
Wollongong, Australia

@Emilia42 It is tricky as I was requesting guests to alter the booking,  especially as the guest wanted the extension.  Invariably they would indicate the huge increase. As a result this can turn the guest off extending

So until the problem is rectified I will do as you suggest.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Cathryn1 

This happens to me every single time. You cannot just alter the dates, as you have discovered, the discount will be lost. You need to manually change the price. For instance, say the guest is staying for 5 nights and paying $100 per night with the discount ($500 before taxes and fees.) If the guests wants to add on 2 nights, you will need to change the dates AND override the populated price field to now $700. That way the guest will still receive the discount of $100 per night.

Alexandre205
Level 9
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

The same thing happens when you want to change the number of guests. Same on guest and host sides. The amount doesn't change and doesn't take extra guest fees into account.

When you alter a booking, you always have to check the new amount...

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Cathryn1

Also, if it is possile, you could see this cinversation : 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Extending-a-stay/td-p/1107978 

Thanks, 

Miloud