Co-host new offer

Georgiana4
Level 2
Bucharest, RO

Co-host new offer

Dear community members,

Facts:

1. A few months ago I answered with a message to a co-hosting request, but the owner of the place choose another person, who answered faster. 

2. A few days ago, he contacted me to see if I could be the co-host instead of the other person, because he had bad experience with them.

3. Now I am trying to send an offer to that host, through the platform, but I cannot see that option any more. How do we proceed?

Thank you,
Georgiana 

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Georgiana4 the co-hosting program through Airbnb has been cancelled. You would need to make arrangements for payment outside of the platform. You can still be set up as a co-host and see all of the messages and calendar. 

Hilary79
Level 8
Spokane, WA

Keep in mind too that with the co-host program being discontinued through Airbnb, you will need to also make payment arrangements with the owner for your compensation.  The system won't automatically pay you a percentage of the reservation anymore.

Georgiana4
Level 2
Bucharest, RO

Thank you, everyone. Then I prefer not to be a co-host in these conditions. What I would like is to have everything inside the platform, I don't want to have discussions with the host about the money for example. Therefore, I will continue hosting my 2 apartments, where I am also the owner 🙂

Georgiana4
Level 2
Bucharest, RO

Just a small update. I didn't use the co-hosting function anymore with the requests that came from people I didn't know, but I am using it for a friend of mine's property. I still would like the payment to be done through the platform, even if we have no trust issues, because I don't want us to calculate ourselves the compensation. I hope they will change their mind with this functionality.