Communication email

Joe1
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

Communication email

Hi, has anyone figuered out a decent commucation for a host other than the generic airbnb email? This is nothing but utter frustration in communication after I accept a reseration with international guests.

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Joe1,

I know the Airbnb messaging system leaves a lot to be desired but I myself as well as a lot of other hosts on Airbnb only use the messaging system.  The reason why I only use their system is that if I have a problem with a guest, everything can be easily be supported through my emails with the guest through the messaging system.  

Yes, many of us wish it was better and not so unpredictable but I have not really had too many issues.  

Cheers

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thank you.

I think it should be an option to reveal as oppossed to the generic airbnb email by default. I use airbnb for about 20% of my bookings, not one other platform I use has this limit as a means of commucation.  The only real reason I think they do this is to help limit repeat guest communcation otuside airbnb. 

You can use the email that they make for the guest. You get it with your reservation. Its handier for attachments etc and I suspect airbnb is able to track it in some way although the messages on it don't go into the thread.  I dont have any issues with the airbnb system other than it doesnt accept attachments. You can directly from your email reply to any message from the system. You dont have to go into the airbnb app or onto the website to do so. 

Kristina26
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

Dear ,

we have one apartment in Croatia, island Rab ( Banjol),

and now we want  that before you rent our apartment send us ask for it.

Because now we have a problem with tourists... and please minimum is 4 night for rent uor apartment.

Tanks for help!

Kristina Vidas