Day 28: A wonderfully supportive co-host

Jody79
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Day 28: A wonderfully supportive co-host

This month marks a year now that I've been hosting.  I've learned a lot this past year and in large part have enjoyed the experience.  A vast majority of our guests have been great.  I'm extremely lucky in that I have a wonderfully supportive co-host in my fiance, Corey.  Cleaning the apartment between guests is made easier when you can divide and conquer.  He almost always gets the bathroom and floors.  I almost always get the bedrooms and snacks.  We both take care of the kitchen and living spaces.  There were times when he cleaned and prepared the whole apartment between guests when I was traveling for work.  If a guest has questions or needs something, he's quick to respond when I'm not readily available.  We talk about the challenges of the business, bounce ideas off each other.  We discuss what has gone right and what hasn't gone so well.  I honestly don't know if I could do this without his support.  He has been a true partner in this endeavor.

IMG_4534.jpg

This is the time of year we tend to think about how fortunate we are.  I'm fortunate in many ways and truly count my lucky stars that I have such a great partner to share this experience with.  I wish for every host to have a great co-host that can support them. 

Happy New Year everyone!

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jody79 how lovely that you appreciate him and Happy New Year!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

It’s true @Jody79  that we need to recognise those around us that help us host. Whether an official host, co-host or a family member who doesn’t take any “billing” - we are very lucky.......

There are many who have paid assistance via cleaning companies, etc... but my Garry is just part of the “our” team, as needed... and my eldest daughter has assisted wth checkin, and checkout when we have been away.

Thanks for your story of appreciation, and have a wonderful new year! 

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Jody79, having people to count on is of utmost importance! I personally don't have a co-host, but I am thankful for my cleaning staff. Since I host remotely, I rely on them to do the cleaning and tidying up about 95% of the time and couldn't have a business without them. 

Thank you to all those who help and support each of us! 

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Jody79

Thank you for sharing with us this interesting post. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for you too

Thanks, 

Miloud

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

awww @Jody79 that's so sweet.

Are they your official ABB T-shirts in the photo?

Crim??

haha, it's so nice to have a Partner in Crim & a Partner in Grime, isn't it ;)??

@Helen427 They are t-shirts from a race we run/walk every year in Flint, MI called the Crim.  I think this was my 17th year.  Corey joined me a few years ago.  It's the largest 10 mile race in MI, I believe one of the largest in the US (there's a couple that are larger).  I used to live in Michigan and go back every year for this race and to meet up with some of my old running buddies.

Yes, it is great to have a partner in crime! 🙂 

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

Team work !!!

Thank you  @Jody79 for sharing your post.

Congratulations & wishing you & Corey a successful 2020 hosting year👍🏾