Day 31: A Love Letter...

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Day 31: A Love Letter...

valentines-gift-guide-t.jpg

Dear Airbnb,

Just as any lover, you have proven to be “difficult” for the lack of a better word and though there are moments of resentment... there are more moments of happiness and love.

You have given me the strength to find myself when I needed it the most- be it to soldier on and put a drunkard in his bed (so he won’t sleep head backwards on the staircase), distracted me when life as I knew it fell apart, or even showed me to “pick my battles”. To say these last three years were a breeze would be the most “beautiful of lies” but I love you for it all and despite it all.

It is through you that you have given me the opportunity to do the best thing by the people I adore the most- pay their mortgage. Despite facing redundancies, aneurysms, heartbreak and more... not once did we ever have to worry about covering the bills.

A couple of months ago we sat in a coffee shop writing down a travel bucket list, I think they totalled to just over 50 cities/countries and slowly but surely I will work to make this happen for them- destination #1 has been ticked off for this coming February and you helped me to fund it!

Truthfully neither one of us are perfect but it is by being grateful for each other and a lot of hard work (some days being harder than others), that we make this a partnership work. I will admit it is sometimes simply functional but other times it is beautiful!

I look forward to seeing where ever 2020 takes us. Thank you for for existing and even though I can’t promise we’ll be together forever, it has been a wonderful journey so far, one which is very real at its core.

Happy new year my love and may this be one filled by moments of happiness, laughter and great food (this is important).

All my love,

An Airbnb Host

15 Replies 15
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Yadira22  Love this. Happy New Year!

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Emilia42 -happy new year to you too! 🥳

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yadira22 so sorry you have had trials in the last few years.

I do hope your love deepens and the relationship develops as a partnership of equals!

@Mike-And-Helen0 Thank you but honestly it’s been a great year! This was more a testament of the last three years! 
unfortunately no one comes out alive from this one- so the least we can all do is show kindness! Happy New Years! 🥳❤️

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yadira22 and to you.

Mike and I have the tradition of completely ignoring new years'.

We like it that way!!

Sadly I don't think the 20's will be too roaring for the UK.

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

Let 2020 be even greater @Yadira22,

@Emilia42 @Mike-And-Helen0 

Thanks for sharing the last day of December 2019!

🎉🎉🎉

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Yadira22 , an appreciation approach  to life can never let you down! Thanks for the reminder! Have a wonderful 2020! 💐

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 Thank you and Happy new year to you! 🥳

Patrick568
Level 10
California, United States

Great post. So fun. 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Patrick568 and happy new year! 💓

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Yadira22 

Hey, that is a beautifully crafted post Yadira, well done you!

And you have reminded us of the wonderful bridge Airbnb have built for us between guests and hosts. We all give ABB some stick at times, much of it well deserved but, I would not have missed this part of my life for 'quids'!

Hoping for a nice year ahead for you Yadira, make the most of it, I firmly believe this is not a 'dress rehearsal' for something to come! This is here and now and it's up to all of us to learn to respect where we have been but, make the most of where we are going!

Thanks Yadira, and keep those great posts coming!

Cheers.......Rob

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4 

Hi Robin,

thank you and you are 100% correct, life is too short! I read somewhere that a good friend of yours died, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending so much love and peace of heart your way! 
Happy new year Rob! 
Yadira 🙂

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Happy New Year to you @Yadira22  and to your friend, the Airbnb !

Nobody is perfect! If the relationship is doing well, have fun !

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @J-Renato0 and happy new year! 🥳