Declining affects my rating

David-and-Amanda1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Declining affects my rating

Airbnb are saying I should try hartder on accepting guests as I am down to 82% and they have set a target of 88% (all my other parameters are 5*), BUT I have only declined guests who ask for 2-3 nights when I have posted a 5 or 7 night minimum on specifica perios (via Length of Stay field).

Why am I being penalised for declining enquiries that I have stated I don't want??

6 Replies 6
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@David-and-Amanda1 Have you set the minimums via your calendar, or have you just put it in writing in your listing?

If you've set it on your calendar, they should not be able to send you an inquiry for less than your minimum days. Here's an article on how to do that: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/880/how-do-i-set-the-minimum-and-maximum-number-of-nights-a-guest... . If you haven't set them up on your calendar, I would suggest that you do that.

Also, if it's just an inquiry rather than a booking request, you don't have to approve or decline. As long as you send them a message, it's counted as a response.

@David-and-Amanda1     Beautiful barn!  Don't decline.  If it is an inquiry just send a message within 24 hours and that suffices to stop the clock ticking down to penalty (double check by recaching the page).  If a request tell the guest  you do not offer the length of stay they want and they should cancel, tell them that there is a full refund if they cancel within 48 hours of booking,  after that, not – it may galvanize them into action.

See this link for difference between Inquiry and Request:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/VIDEO-Inquiry-vs-Request-What-s-the-Difference/m-p/77153...

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@David-and-Amanda1  I can book you for 2 nights. Your listing is coming up with a 2 night minimum stay. You need to change that immediately if you want to stop the requests for shorter stays.  

Thanks but I’m talking about a set 2 week period. Normally 2 is ok.

thx

@David-and-Amanda1 wrote:

Thanks but I’m talking about a set 2 week period. Normally 2 is ok.

thx

So fix that period by going to the Availability Dashboard and making those 2 week periods accurate.

Why let your ratings decline when AirBNB has given you a way to eliminate these inquiries?

@David-and-Amanda1 Did you see my link above which explains how to set minimum stays for certain periods? It doesn't have to be the same all the time.