Dishonest review

Liz556
Level 1
Banner Elk, NC

Dishonest review

I have recently begun having trouble with guests registering for 1 or 2 guests then bringing extra unregistered guests or pets. My listing is set on instant book and the location is not where I live so sometimes the guests have already left before I learn from the cleaning crew that there were unregistered guests.  Is there a remedy for this problem?  What are my options?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Liz556,

There not many options. If people sneak in extra guests and nobody notice it or can proof it, then it's end of story.You can try to charge them via resolution centre, but if they don't agree there is not much to do.

Regarding Airbnb it's all about proof. So maybe a co-host living near your listing can help you with check-in/out and keeping an eye on how things go.

Airbnb will not remove a dishonest review. PERIOD. We just experienced the disappointment of Airbnb protecting itself and not supporting the hosts that drive their success. A recent guest violated multiple house rules. She gave us a horrifying review. We called Airbnb to discuss the details. A customer resolutions rep agreed to remove the review as a courtesy. 2 weeks later,  Airbnb Called to tell us they made a mistake and the review should not have been taken down because the guest did not violate their review guidelines. Airbnb told me they do not have a policy of removing reviews as a one time courtesy. SO it doesn’t matter if a guest lies, the review still stands.  Thanks a lot for nothing Airbnb. 

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

Last year we had 2 guests book but there were a load of adult males stayed and one peed the bed.  At the time Airbnb the asked if I had CCTV outside the property as they could use this as proof.  I didn’t but do now - could you add CCTV?  I have it on my listing now and I include it on my pre-arrival welcome message .....’for the comfort and safety etc’.  Perhaps this could nip it in the bud before it happens?