Do not be afraid to charge the cleaning fee

Thais-and-Luiz0
Level 7
New York, NY

Do not be afraid to charge the cleaning fee

I usually see people having difficulty dealing with the Clean Fee of their Airbnb.
Seeking to have a competitive price, some people often do not charge or the value of the cleaning fee is too low, seeking to attract more bookings.
This is actually a problem because the workforce here in the US is highly valued.
When hosts eventually need to be away and / or travel, you will have difficulty finding someone I can service in your home or find house cleaner on the market.
For the values ​​that some hosts are willing to pay is very low, since, as it does not charge your guest, you will have to put your hand in your pocket to pay for the cleaning.
$25 to clean a room at Airbnb in New York, is extremely low.
It does not matter if the job is done in an hour or two.
It is a service, the person usually has to move to the unit of your Airbnb, there are probably specific times.
For example: Check-out is at 11am and another guest arrives at 15pm. So this makes a longer cleaning time impossible.
Therefore, the person who will take over the cleaning does not have as much flexibility with the schedules.
It will not be able to fit other units to clean at the same time, since the house cleaner usually needs to move to your unit.
Therefore, it is critical that people review the values ​​of cleaning fees.
Companies charge on average $ 100 to clean Airbnb units.
If you urgently need someone, you will have to hire and pay a good part of your hosting profits with the cleaning.
I charge on average $100 cleaning fee from my guests.
This makes it possible for me to buy supplements for cleaning and eventually if I need to, I can pay someone a fair price so that my unit is cleaned as best I can.
In some things you will never save money, especially in cleaning your Airbnb which is your own image.
Do not be afraid to charge the cleaning fee. 🙂

2 Replies 2

As a guest $100 is my acceptable limit for a one bedroom. I will surpass those who have greater cleaning fee than this. In Destin fl, I unwillingly paid $150 only because all competitors did the same. 

My $100 number has nothing to do with reality, just my desire and impression.

I did appreciate that $150 was for "deep" cleaning. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Paul1011 I charge $170 cleaning fee, but my guest house is 3 bedrooms plus a nursery/child room, 2 full baths, living room, dining room, laundry room and kitchen. I pay a living wage and what I charge is actually under what I pay.