[FESTIVAL] Guest referrals - Green stores.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[FESTIVAL] Guest referrals - Green stores.

Elena3.jpeg

Laura_0-1650621723622.png

This theme is part of the Community Center's Sustainability Festival.

The original topic was published in the Spanish-speaking Community Center by @Elena487, and we have translated it below.

An ordinary day. Walking down a street, down a road, I find a new store in the area. I always see things through a guest's eyes, trying to find out what I think my guests would enjoy or be interested in. This time, it's about that green store. As soon as I enter, I feel that "green" spirit, a new opportunity to change the world, to help our planet. This small store is another big step in the process of sustainability awareness. I explore it, get to know it thoroughly, and write it down in my guest recommendations.

Laura_0-1650620921887.jpeg Laura_1-1650620921941.jpeg

Local recommendations for guests are a good opportunity to make their trip more complete, bringing them closer to a different way of traveling to our areas, and doing it from the perspective of a local. 

When I think of these recommendations and share them, obviously, they have a lot of me in them, but I also add all those that I know may be of interest to them. 

Being the sustainability conscience in all of us, the recommendations of ecological stores and their Café Deli cannot be missing on the list. They offer organic products with that simplicity that makes them so "valuable" in these times. 

They are local organic products, seeds, fruits, vegetables, recycled items, and farm-to-fork meals, so you can eat natural and seasonal. 

The owners are true enthusiasts, one more piece of the machinery to help the planet, who share their knowledge and experience with visitors. 

These are initiatives in the local community, after all, to open everyone's eyes to the importance of growing, sharing, reducing waste, and recycling. All these result in a valuable experience, therefore, for guests, bringing them closer not only to the products of the land but also to the local culture.

Do you introduce guests to local products and your local culture by recommending organic stores and products?

Elena, host in Marbella, Malaga, Spain.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

3 Replies 3
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Stephanie @Elena487 This is very special for certain - and there's something so divine about from garden to fork to table.  The pics are really lovely and what I so enjoyed about this post is the rhythm of the writing....so relaxing, melodic somehow, perhaps that's in the translation, I don't know but so nice for sure. thanks for sharing with us and all your guests. 

@Clara116 Thank you so much! When I read your post yesterday, I was very much amazed because you and your husband are those enthusiastic owners I was referring to. Thanks for inspiring us all! 

Elena

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Elena487 @Stephanie for a guest it must be a delight in finding a green store with organic fruit and vegetables while discovering their holiday neighbourhood. Today people are able to make choices when they are offered and they are becoming aware that there needs to be a change to save the earth that they live on and it begins with taking small steps.