Features

Nuno-Y-Daniel0
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

Features

Hi, 

This a thread for leaving some wished features that you would like to see on Airbnb.

Idea: To be possible to change the minimum of nights for specific periods on the calendar. This could be applied between 2 bookings already confirmed the nights left are below the minimum set.  

Feel free to share your thoughts! 

Warm regards, 

Daniel 

58 Replies 58
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nuno-Y-Daniel0 @Helga0,

Thank for this, I really like you thinking around the use of a coupon - I will pass this over to the team.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie a feature idea that could be used in the calendars in order to know when is the holidays in a specific country. In Portugal we will have 3 new holidays that will lead to a long weekend break. In this seasons people tend to travel frequently and it would be interest to know what's the holidays in other countries. In my case, Portugal, from SPAIN, FRANCE that are our main guests. The advantage to know this is that leads to higher prices or at least more bookings.

Attention: Everything in between color is added for me. It doesn't exists in Airbnb. 26 May is a holiday in Portugal and goes as an example how to mark in the calendar as a reminder.

The perfect set it would be the ability to or either search for a specific country or choose a range of countries to always show in the calendar. I could choose to always see PT, ES, FR holidays in the calendar automatically.

Calendar.png

@Helga0 thanks for the feedback! Lately i am having some issues related to get some notifications. Or either don't get in mobile or in the email. Is not always but in 1/2 each 10 and it's enough for loose a booking for reply delay.

@Daniel0, I have some delays too and some of my responses just vanished. Three till now that I'm aware off, two way descriptions (they complained) and one quick answer to a request. I saw it on follow up 4 hours later and lost that booking. 

One in-app answer and two mails. Not sure if one of them was not on the website. 

Besides, the Community Center settings reverted to No Notifications all by themselves. I reset to "I want to read everything" and will see how long that stays (different wording, lol)

For your calendar idea: I import holidays into the Macbook / iphone calendar and can them switch on and off. That might help you till the airbnb programmer gets around to include thos comfortable function.

@Helga0 i am on this idea of exporting the holidays to google calendar! This will save me plenty of time!

Nuno-Y-Daniel0
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

@Lizzie a feature tip: Exclusive booking through Airbnb for a smaller fee. Calendar should always be available and only blocked with Airbnb bookings . This would be great for listings that are available to rent all the year and keeping most of the them outside of other platafforms. It would decrease the fees but at the same time increase the number of bookings.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Bring back keyword search!

Nuno-Y-Daniel0
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

Hi @Lizzie thanks for sharing your thoughts! There's a feature that i think it could speed up the messages responses and help managing guests when we are offline (during night books or when working). Is automatic answers to hosts after they book or ask some questions. 

It could work great to send guide info about the accommodation, how to arrive in the flat, city tips or others.

In case of inquires, most of them can be solved with an automatic answer as the questions end up to be mostly the same.

Have a great day!

Daniel 

PS: Facebook fan pages actually do this, when you leave them a message, although the text is too short.

Hi Daniel! Thanks for hosting "Features". 

I'm liking the new "Highlights" feature, with buzzwards that capture the essence of what the guest is looking for in an airbnb abode. This is going to sound truly self-serving, but our Little House guests use the term "perfect" in many of our reviews, yet "perfect" is not a buzzword. I know that would be high on my list when looking at listings. If you have the ear of the IT guys, maybe you could have them add it 🙂 deb at Little House at DH.

@Debby-And-Kevin0 it's a nice idea although it would end up in what superhost already try to do, is defining the super guests i guess, no!?

Donna51
Level 7
Seattle, WA

The feature I'd really, really, really like is an "automated" (but personalized with my writing) email message to the guests that goes out 24 hours before their checkout time. It's common enough that people don't read my policy and/or get the checkout date confused, that I shouldn't have to take time out to remember to remind them myself. (Plus, I feel like it's a little pushy, like I want them to leave.) Whereas, an "automated" email reminder would be received as just a normal "confirmation" is -- a standard practice of business that reminds them they're due to check out AND takes the burden off us as hosts.

thanks,

Donna

Bill50
Level 2
Wax, KY

I would love to see the option to add a pet fee. Options would included:

- Fee for each pet or just a blanket pet fee

- the fee could be marked as daily or per stay

I would also like to see a feature for add ons. For me in particular it would be for kayaks.

- it could be per hour, per day or per stay and the item could be customizable.

So if I had bikes I would enter "Bikes" and mark it per stay as an example.

Thank you!

Bill Phelps

Bill50
Level 2
Wax, KY

One more wish list item.

I am approached from time to time to "Donate" my apartment for a charity auction. I could just block the dates out and be done with it, but would rather give them the option of booking the dates they would like based on my available dates.  I would then pay the AIRBNB Fee and write it off on taxes. This way the guest gets dates they prefer. I get the insurance and AIRBNB gets their fee!  Win-Win-Win!

Bill Phelps 

1 SINGLE FEATURE would make airbnb help connect hosts and guests to each other:

KEY WORD SEARCH!!!!!!

it used to be there.

Bring it back please.