First Time Hosting

First Time Hosting

Hello Everyone,

I am new to hosting and have my first guest arriving in two weeks. I rent out a small condo near the beach and am nervous about making a good impression . Also, after  reading some posts on rules being broken to damages to properties or bad reviews, I am anxious about the “what if’s”

Any tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you!

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Yudet0 

Being nervous or anxious is not the right attitude for a new host.

Be curious and be excited about the world of hospitallity you are going to enter !

Happy hosting,

Emiel

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

Just remember that you are in advantage! We see people come and go and have to maximize our efforts for cleaning between guests and give attention to all reservations, and many "many"😊

If you have a chance, meet her in person. Give her a walking tour in your property. Prepare a welcome basket (chocolate). Be nice, friendly, ask her if she needs help with anything... And it will be a success! 

Thank you for the feedback! Really appreciate it 😊❤️

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Be nervous about making the things right. Impression is a result, not a reason. And yes, you have advantage-two weeks to adjust everything to perfection. Most of the people here...have two hours. 🙂

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Yudet0 

small condos for 2-4 people and small balcony are not risky. Big stand-alone houses and villas are a different story, you never know if someone will book it and throw a trash party.  But having a good neighbor who will call you in case of any problems is always good. My neighbor called me twice recently when my guests left the front door open.