Getting repeat guests

Getting repeat guests

Hello!! I am interested if you guys are making your own unique efforts to get repeat guests!! If the house is loved by repeat guests, our hosting life should be much easier....no worries if my house will get messed up etc...i hope you guys could share some tips!!

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Aki38 

Repeating guests will book again when they need too. I do not make any efforts, after check-out I have to wait for the review. If it's not a stellar one, you know the guest will not book again. But my guests are mostly international students, they will not be booking again anyway (as they left the country).

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Aki38  I like to reward the very special guests we've had, who are likley to return, by messaging them after they check-out so say we'd love to give them a special price next time they are in town.  I do this as soon as possible after they check-out and I know they've left the place super clean and tidy.  If my wife and I find ourselves saying "my god, they can come again anytime!" then we get that message out there even before they leave a review for us.

Noel102
Level 10
Houston, TX

I also give returning guests a special rate.  That beign said, I do not go out of my way after they check out to attract repeat business.  Like @Emiel1 said, repeat guests will book when they need to.  I make sure my guests have a pleasant, comfortable experience that leaves them wanting to come back.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Aki38 

I have had many returning guests.

I never offer or promess any special rates. I like the returning guests that are comfortable with the price.

If you offer a good accommodation and accomplish with what is offered in the listing, if they want or need to return, certainly they will do.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Living where I do, there's two very different types who stay; those who are working at a local (huge) business park, and others who are here as tourists. 

I've probably got four/five regulars from the first group, and these are awarded with extra amenities (their companies pay for their lodgings, so these extras are 'sweeteners'). We're talking a bottle of wine, a Starbucks card, or something similar. 

The tourist 'regulars' get a small discount.

Seems to work as I've had some from both groups returning for 5+ years. 

Amos18
Level 7
Nairobi, Kenya

I think if a guest returns to your hosting place its good to give a discounted rate. I have never hosted a guest two times but i have been recomended by a guest who have ever visited our place. Concentrate on great guest recommendation. If your service is excellent i believe a guest in your local entity will be regurarly attending your premise.

Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

Repeat guests are given a discounted rate. I also alert the ones who were stellar guests when I “open” my summer calendar so they get first dibs on dates.